First Impressions: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation on OILY skin

September 05, 2017

As an oily skinned gal, I've always avoided dewy foundation, one in particular is the Wake Me Up line from Rimmel because I always knew they were under the more hydrating side . However, Rimmel actually recently reformulated the Wake Me Up foundation* and decided to include Vitamin C to help brighten skin and I decided to take the plunge and give it a try! Keep reading to see how it holds up on my oily skin. 



The formulation of the foundation is not as thin as you would imagine for a light-weight foundation. It dries down nice and with a soft, natural feel. However, when dried on the skin the foundation does add a subtle luminosity but there definitely isn't any glitter or particles, however the luminosity is said to be a result of radiance pearls in the formula. 

One thing I'm definitely not keen on is the shade range. According to the Rimmel website, they only have 5 shades and I have got the lightest which is 100 Ivory... however... it doesn't quite suit me which is unfortunate. It does very slightly oxidise on application, but the shade itself is quite orange and if over applied can look a bit Cheeto like.



The coverage of the foundation is actually quite nice and I would consider this a good medium coverage. As you can see in the before photo, I have some breakouts on my chin area and after application they are a lot more evened out but you can still slightly see them underneath. You can still see my freckles underneath and I really like that, because even with the foundation it still looks like real skin rather than a mask. 

It definitely does a great job of evening out my skintone and any darker areas whilst keeping my skin looking natural. I would definitely recommend this for an everyday kind of foundation, for work or school. 

In terms of staying power, this lasts about 4 hours before I really need to blot my face. I tend to, for most foundations (even mattifying ones!), get some oil pushing through in my T-zone area within a few hours so it suprisingly wasn't too worse than any of my other foundations.

Have you tried the Wake Me Up line by Rimmel? Are you partial to a dewy or matte foundation? Let me know in the comments below!

Till next time...


*Product gifted but all opinions are my own


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I loved this foundation. It was really great for my dry skin too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need free Instagram Likes?
    Did you know that you can get them ON AUTOPILOT & ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE by getting an account on Add Me Fast?

    ReplyDelete