Australia Day Haul!!! Priceline, The Balm, Essence

January 26, 2013

It has been months since I actually created this blog and I haven't bothered to do a single post other then my introduction post! Here's to a change and also my first proper post!

It's Australia Day today and in Queensland the weather is pretty bleh - flooding, rain and storms. Not exactly the type of weather to lounge outside and get a tan. So I, along with the million other people that had nothing better to do went to Westfield Chermside and wasted away my money!

Instagram: @heytherejacquelyn


I know this doesn't look like alot, but this all came to over $150 :( plus, this doesn't include the massive pile of fitness clothes I bought <<< that side of all this!
 First thing I bought is this dual pack of Formula 10.0.6 stuff. I always love their packaging but I never find myself buying their products! I thought these would be nice to use once or twice a week to give my face a bit of perk up and deep cleanse. Within this pack you get a One Smooth Operator scrub and also a Pores Be Pure Mask! At the bargain price of $13 I couldn't resist and thought it would be the perfect time to test out their products of my terrible skin! You can get this at Priceline!

Next up a got a new packet of the Biore Deep Cleansing Strips! These buggers are so much fun! I love to inspect the disgusting crap that gets pulled from my nose! I got the original but I saw the Ultra right next to it and I was so tempted to get that one instead but decided against it! Have any of you guys tried the Ultra version? Does it actually do anything substantially better than the original? This was less than $6 from Priceline.

I love myself some Essence products and managed to snag myself a blush from their new Cherry Blossom collection they have going on. Nothing else from the collection really took my fancy, but this blush was so beautiful! The eyeshadow I picked up was Cappuccino  Please. A lovely slightly shimmery cream colour. I have heard so many rave reviews and I finally decided it was time I see what all the fuss is about!

(No Flash)

(Flash)

The blush has a lovely darker pinky peach side and a lighter pinky peachy side. The above swatches show the darker side, the lighter side, mixed together and Cappuccino, Please.


 Last, but most certainly not least, I took the plunge and picked up some products from TheBalm! I always seem to head to David Jones and look at the beautiful packaging but also resist the urge because I am such a saver girl and only enjoy buying products when they are on special or at a really good rate!
Lucky for me, David Jones was having a sale on TheBalm products that I couldn't refuse! Buy one TheBalm product and get the second 50% off! I don't know when it ends or even when it began but if you're lucky you still might be able to catch it!
Out of their products I ended up buying the Mary-Lou Manizer, Bahama Mama, Hot Mama! and Cabana Boy!


 (No Flash)


(Flash)
Mary-Lou Manizer, Bahama Mama, Hot Mama!, Cabana Boy

Mary-Lou Manizer is obviously a highlighter and it is honestly beautiful. It is so subtle and doesn't look like a whole bunch of shimmer and glitter but instead a healthy sheen! I had heard a lot of good things but didn't think I would be this impressed but I really am! In love! <3

Bahama Mama is a matte bronzer shade. I would compare this to Benefit's Hoola bronzer, but maybe slightly darker... but I wouldn't technically know cause they lost my package that I ordered online... but that's another story. This bronzer is also amazing. The colour is rich but doesn't have the orangey tone that all other bronzers I own do which compliments the skin so lovely and makes everything look a whole lot more natural!

Hot Mama is a peachy pink blush with a decent amount of shimmer. I sound like a broken record but this is also so lovely. It just is a really damn pretty colour and I couldn't resist this baby!

Cabana Boy isn't your typical blush! When I first opened up the package I was actually surprised. It looked so purple in the box. But I loved it! It is so smooth and so pretty and would look lovely! So this was put straight in basket!

That's all the beauty related items I hauled today! I am sorry this is such a long cray cray post, but its better than me not posting at ;)

Till next time!
Jacquelyn xx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I might try out that Biore Pore strips!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I love getting the yucky gunk out of my skin! Hahah!

      Delete