Recent Empties

July 31, 2015

Hey guys! So I have really been making a conscious effort to cull items in my skincare and makeup pile and these are my latest product empties! The last collection of empties I had I filmed, but today I just took some photos and thought I would write a quick blog post!

Leggo.

My latest empties is here (a big one!) in case you missed it:



TRESemme Moisture Rich Shampoo: Tresemme has always been a staple in my hair care routine. They are super cheap and you literally get so much product in the bottle. I didn't really see any difference in my hair, but I did like it as a everyday kind of shampoo. Not really anything special and very basic. 
Will I repurchase? Probably not this specific type, but maybe another version.

Batiste Original Dry Shampoo: I've never been one for dry shampoo, even though everyone dies over it. I thought this was okay. I didn't really like the smell of it to be honest. I didn't see it last a long time at "cleansing" my hair, and oil came back within the day. Unfortunately, it is a hassle for me as I do have black hair... 
Will I repurchase? No. I would rather just wash my hair.

Linden Leaves Shampoo and Conditioner: Linden Leaves is a great "natural" kind of brand, but honestly these hair products were very average. They didn't lather well in my hair and had that weird organic kind of smell that is either one you love or hate. The conditioner was okay, but nothing special. 
Will I repurchase? No, I need a shampoo that lathers! 


Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water: Have used up quite a few of these and absolutely love them. I know they irritate some people with sensitive skin, but I haven't had any issues and absolutely cannot recommend them enough. Will no longer repurchase my Bioderma because this does what I need. 
Will I repurchase? Yes, a million time YES. Have multiple backups waiting. 

Ophelia Cotton Rounds (Aldi): These are my HG cotton rounds. I literally have 30 packets of these sitting in a box under my desk because I need these forever. They are quilted (meaning no fluff) and have an exfoliator side (meaning most thorough cleansing!). 
Will I repurchase? FOREVER AND A DAY.

Face of Australia Purifying Cleansing Wipes: I am not the biggest fan of face wipes. I use them everyday but am honestly not too fussed with them. This one didn't do anything amazing and honestly it didn't smell good. It also irritated my eyeballs which is unusual for me!
Will I repurchase? No thanks.

Wotnot Facial Wipes: Now, if you do like a fantastic face wipe Wot Nots are the way to go. They are actually a fabric kind of cloth that is ridiculously *moist* (ew, terrible word) and work so well at removing makeup. These are super soft and didn't irritate me at all. 
Will I repurchase? Maybe. They aren't the cheapest and aren't as easy to come across. 


Face of Australia Nail Polish Remover Strengthening: This is the most basic of nail polish removers. It barely removed my nail polish and I really hated it. I had to use so many cotton balls to get my polish off because this just was so weak. 
Will I repurchase? No. I will stick with my Sally Hansen!

Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar: I love Cetaphil. They're cleanser is an all-time fave and this bar of soap is lovely. I loved the way it smelt and that it didn't dry out my skin. I don't have body acne so I can't speak on it's actual ability to help acne whilst washing, but I did like it as a general soap. 
Will I repurchase? Maybe, if I come across it. 

Rexona Clinical Protection deodorant: This is Bae. I love this deodorant more than everything. It is the ONLY thing I have ever tried that actually stops me from sweating. I can go gym and do everything and when I smell myself (as you do) I can still smell the light fragrance of this product rather than my putrid sweat. YAS.
Will I repurchase? Obviously, forever. Have about 6 in backup!

The Body Shop Tea Tree Toner: At first this was the weirdest product to me. It has solidified powder stuff that sits on the bottom of the bottle and you have to shake it up before use to mix everything together. When you apply it to your face it actually seems to warm up my face (I guess because of the Tea Tree?). I honestly think this did a great job at keeping my pimples at bay and managing my oils. 
Will I repurchase? Potentially yes, after I work through some other skin care I'm testing.

Clearasil Vitamins and Extracts Daily Wash: This is a creamy kind of cleanser that moisturises my face because of the avocado in it. I really liked this as an everyday kind of morning cleanser, but I didn't find it did a good job at ensuring all my makeup is gone. 
Will I repurchase? Better for drier skin types!

Daiso Brush and Sponge Detergent: HG status here. We all know this. Best cleanser for makeup brushes and Beauty Blenders hands down. 
Will I repurchase? Yes


Rimmel Stay Matte Transparent: This is my favourite kind of everyday setting powder. I think it does a wonderful job at keeping me matte for a long period of time and it doesn't look extremely cakey on my skin.
Will I repurchase? I picked up Peach Glow instead and I don't like it as much, but definitely in the future I will!

ModelCo Lash Xtend Mascara + Unknown ModelCo mascara: I hated these. The fibre one killed my eyeballs because the fibres were very irritating and the other one did nothing for my lashes except slightly coat them. Never again. Didn't even purchase these but received them with magazines etc.
Will I repurchase? No

Australis Brush On Lip and Cheek Tint: First of all, the colour it had on the packaging looked nothing like the colour the product actually was. I didn't like this at all. It dried out my lips and looked blotchy on my skin. 
Will I repurchase? Nope

Beauty Essentials powder brush: Look at how ratchet this is. First ever makeup brush. I purchased it from Priceline many years ago and it was never great. Had very scratchy, itchy bristles and felt like I was stabbing myself in the face everytime.
Will I repurchase? No thank you!

I hope you enjoyed my most recent empties, are you trying to finish products? I'm too savvy to just throw out something I don't like, I MUST finish it no matter what!

Jacquelyn xx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love the WotNot wipes! hahahaha MOIST..they are though, they're great! I live for dry shampoo though... I only wash my hairs once a week these days.. you can get a coloured one that's brown instead of white... <3 Great post xx

    ReplyDelete