Top 5 Autumn/Winter Lips 2014

May 06, 2014

In Australia, Winter is approaching at what seems to be a turtle type speed. However, I am a huuuuge fan of Autumn/Winter makeup! The colours are divine - the reds, the burgundys, the purples. So I thought I might do a quick little post about the lip products (other than lip balm, duh) I'll be reaching for the most these seasons!



Revlon Matte Balm - Elusive:
This is the perfect pink to just throw on. It's looking darker in the picture, but to be honest it is a perfect everyday pink. Creamy, pigmented and smooth. Will be grabbing this one on days I don't feel like rocking a bold lip.

Revlon Matte Balm - Shameless:
Same formula as Elusive - creamy, pigmented and smooth. Amazing colour to be seen in the drugstore. Loving my purple lips lately, I think they look bold but still wearable. Easing to apply and touch up so definitely keen to wear this one.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream - San Paulo:
One of my favourite formulas ever. These all feel so smooth and velvety on the lips, something the Australis Velourlips failed. They don't overly dry out the lips and they are extremely pigmented. This is a darker 'raspberry' type shade. Perfect wintery colour.

Australis Lipstick - Gangsta Rap:
This particular shade has been all the rage over my instagram lately! I know why! It's a lovely pink that borderlines purple and really gives any look a bit of something extra. The formula of these lipsticks are fantastic and they are relatively cheap in the world of Australian makeup!

MAC - Rebel:
A hugely popular shade, especially for this time of year. I love this lipstick so much! It lasts for the longest time and looks amazing with a simple eye and matte skin. Ah, just look at it! A purple toned red that is one of my favourite MAC lipsticks!

What will you be wearing on your lips this coming Autumn and Winter???

Jacquelyn
xx

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Love Autumn lip colours! I especially love berry shades. 'Rebel' looks awesome, but most of the time I'm not brave enough to rock a bold darker lip.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my intial thought... but then I thought I'm only young once. I won't be able to rock any crazy shades when I'm 50+ so this is the time to do it! I now wear anything and everything on my lips!
      These colours would look amazing on your skintone!

      xx

      Delete
  2. Great post! I just purchased Gangsta Rap when Australis had $5 colour inject lipsticks at Kmart! Now I need to try it for myself :) The Revlon matte balms look really nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks dear. I love Maybelline and Revlon lipsticks. Lovely pigmentation and staying power :-)
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete