Review: Nars ITA brush - WORTH THE HYPE?!

August 14, 2015

I picked this up a couple months ago after much internal debating and tears. Everyone and their mums were raving about how amazing and perfect and oh my goodness this Nars ITA brush was and I could not resist any longer. It literally killed my bank account and I had buyers remorse literally the second I walked out of the Mecca doors. But is it worth it? Did I grow to love this small fortune? Keep reading...


The Nars ITA brush (I don't know if you pronounce it I-Ta or I-T-A or whaaaat...) is basically a long-handled contour brush. It has a whole bunch of bristles squashed together to create an approximately 1cm wide bristle head. This is able to give a really sharp and crisp line underneath your cheekbones to give the ultimate contour.


The bristles are suuuuper soft. They feel soft but aren't flimsy - they are quite dense to create some strong lines, but soft enough to blend product out super easy on your cheeks. 

I have had a little bit of shedding which is unfortunate considering the price of it ($82 here) and they do seem to get a bit frayed - which you can see in the photo above.

Overall though, I use this brush EVERY time I do makeup. I use it not only to contour but also to bronze because I can really blend out colour using this brush. It has become a staple in my everyday routine and my glammed up routine.

Would I say it's worth it? Yes. Considering the amount of use I get from it, it's worth it for me. BUT, honestly you could use the free brushes you get with Benefit powder products or buy a cheap $6 ebay dupe and get the exact same result. 


Have you purchased the Nars ITA? What brush do you use to contour your face?

Jacquelyn xx




You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I haven't been able to bring myself to purchase it yet and I don't think I will. It looks amazing but... $$$$ lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of those brushes I can only admire from afar and never bring myself to buying it. It does sound amazing, though! For now I stick to my Real Techniques contour & sculpting brushes, and the Zoeva Face Paint brush which is a similar shape, just shorter bristles. Great review babe! x

    Daniela | MissNewBeauty.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. That price though! haha why must everything be so expensive here! It looks great and I am so glad it is worth the hype and you are getting your money out of it as it would have been a shame if it was not worth it after spending that much. I don't think this will be on my list.

    Nicole xo | www.nicolesbeautybabble.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's soooooo expensive!!! I'll buy it one day! I'm not a big contour person myself so I just can't justify it!!! It's good that it's been worth it for you though, there's nothing worse than spending a lot on a product and than being super disappointed with it.

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete