Worth The Hype? Morphe 35O Palette + Swatches

September 19, 2016

Morphe 35O Palette

Long time no talk, guys! Sorry, life was too busy and I just had zero time but I am going to smmmmash out the blogs again! First up, a review of the extremely hyped up Morphe 35O eyeshadow palette! I was super lucky enough to get my hands on this by a friend who headed to the US and I was so excited. Keep reading if I think it lives up to the hype or not...


Morphe 35O Palette
Morphe 35O Palette
Morphe 35O Palette
Morphe 35O Palette
Morphe 35O Palette

The palette is an eyeshadow dream for warm-tone lovers out there, with a mixture of warm browns, bronzes, coppers and even some bright as oranges in there for good measure. I adore the colour selection of the palette and honestly am reaching for it on the regular because I think warm-tones are extremely flattering on my skin-tone and with my brown eyes. 

In terms of the formula of the shadows, I wasn't really sure what to expect. Everyone has gone crazy about how incredible the formula of Morphe eyeshadows are, particularly this 35O palette... but honestly, I'm not blown away. 

The shimmers are beautiful, but some aren't subtle at all and are actually quite chunky (as you can see in the last shadow of the bottom row). There are a couple that are super lovely in formula and are smooth and pigmented and I really enjoy them. 

The matte shadows have disappointed me a bit. I think for the most part, they are quite pigmented but the formula leaves something to be desired... A lot of the matte shadows feel quite chalky and dry, particularly those darker browns in the bottom two rows of the palette. The lighter transition shades in the top half of the palette are lovely and really blend out beautifully, but the darker ones aren't quite the same. I wish there was more consistency through the palette.

Overall, do I think the Morphe 35O palette is worth the hype? No.
Controversial, I know! If you love warm tones and just feel like you need it, go for it. It isn't the most expensive palette and you get a lot of colours, but don't expect incredible things from it. I think it is workable for everyday which is why it is a favourite of my as of late, but their are definitely more impressive eyeshadows out there including Makeup Geek, MAC and Too Faced.

Have you tried the palette before or any other Morphe shades before? Do you rate it or hate it? Let me know in the comments below!

Til next time...


You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Oh thank you so much for this! I actually really wanted to get this palette but now I think I will go for something else! MUG for sure!! <3


    Tahana
    www.tahanalee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stick with MUG for sure! Better consistency throughout!

      Delete
  2. Yep totally with you there! The shades are awesome but the formula is so mismatched and all over the place. Nothing special! Awesome swatches xx
    Sorren xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shades are so gorgeous, just wish it was better quality!

      Delete
  3. Great review! I wanted to pick this up, but I'll skip it.

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review Jacquelyn! Can definitely see some of the shadows are pretty chunky. I think I will save my money for something else :)

    Kate | themintedblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they definitely aren't the smoothest consistency!

      Delete
  5. I've never been that attracted to this palette as it just seems so orange to me! But I'm glad you did an honest review :)

    Maddie | www.maddiesbeautyspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I'm a sucker for warm shades so this palette was calling my name!

      Delete