Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Moonstone - Worth the Hype?!

September 25, 2015

The Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors Pressed have been a very hyped up product within the last year in the beauty community but I honestly wasn't ready to part with $60 for a tiny lil' highlighter. BUT I finally plucked up the courage and made the leap of faith. 

So was it worth it?


The product is packaged in a UFO shaped product. I don't mind but I don't think it is gorgeous. It's made up of that rubbery material like Nars packaging and YEP, I haven't had it very long but the packaging is already disgusting. Eugh, frustrating. Inside however is a wonderful inclusion of a large mirror. A lovely surprise. That means you can check out dat glow ALL THE TIME.


The product itself is a very light, champagne colour. It has very subtle and fine shimmer throughout the product, which I love because I'm not the biggest fan of Mac's Soft and Gentles really chunky pieces of glitter. The powder it super soft and feels smooth to the touch. It also extremely pigmented, very similar to that of The Balm's Mary-Lou. 



Swatched the highlight is gorgeous. It doesn't look glittery but it has that metallic wet finish I adore in a highlight. It also blends out gloriously and can make any cheek bone look 5 cms higher. Something I was really worried about was the colour being too dark for my skin, but Moonstone is so perfect. Its borderline white and doesn't look funny on my skin, thank goodness.

Do I think it's worth it? Yes. If you love a highlight like I do, than yes, fo' sure. It's a glorious highlight to add to the collection and really is one you can reach for with any look. Will I purchase some more of the Becca Skin Perfectors? Yes. I've purchased the Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop Collab so that will hopefully be coming in the mail soon and I've also been looking at purchasing the liquid versions because I think they would look amazing mixed with my foundations.

Have you tried the Becca Skin Perfectors before? Which was your favourite?

Jacquelyn xx

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Hahah UFO shaped, so good :P! I loveee the look of this, think i'm getting my hands on it soon yay ! x

    Katina | www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you prefer this or Mary Lou more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one seems more subtle, so really... it's hard to split haha!

      Delete
  3. Aah, I love the Becca highlighters - must getting around to picking up Moonstone, I love CP and Opal!

    Ash / The Beauty Collection

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't go wrong with Becca highlighters. I own Opal in both the liquid and pressed versions, and Champagne Pop. They're just stunning! x

    Daniela | MissNewBeauty.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, I really want to test out the liquid version! CP gives me life atm!

      Delete
  5. I own champagne pop (pressed) and opal (liquid) and they're both amazing!!!

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is the texture of the liquid like? I think of it as being like the Loreal Lumi primer???

      Delete