Too Faced Natural Matte Eye Shadow Palette Review + Swatches

September 11, 2015

You may remember that I included this in my birthday wishlist a little while ago and fortunately for me, the lovely Dani from Dani The Girl XO decided to pick it up for me! 

And yes, I love it.


The Too Faced Natural Matte palette is just like TF's other small palette. Nine eyeshadows are packaged quite nicely in a small metal tin. This one in particular (as the name suggests) consists of all matte eyeshadow, ranging from brow bone highlight shades to deeper, smoky shades. Each line basically represents a certain "look" you can create based off the little pamphlet they include inside the tin. All the shadows included within the palette are buttery and pigmented.



Heaven:
This shadow is an extremely light, yellow toned cream shade. Perfect for highlighting the browbone and inner corner OR cleaning up edges.

Cashmere Bunny:
A perfect mid-tone, cool taupe shade. If this pan was bigger it would work as the best contour shade.

Sexspresso:
This one is a dark chocolate brown. Really gorgeous to use as a smokey colour or to add depth in the outer corner.

Lace Teddy:
This is a very light baby pink shade. This one is a little chalky I find and can tend to blend away into the skin completely.

Strapless:
This is a darker mid-tone mauve pink shade. Absolutely love this shade. It's such a gorgeous and unique shade.

Risque:
This is a cool toned dark brown mauve. It has slight purple tone to it.

Nudie:
This is one of my favourites in the palette and it a typical light, just-darker-than-skintone brown. Perfect for the crease as a blending shade.

Honey Butter:
I love the warm tones in this shade. It's basically like a peachy brown and works amazing as a crease colour (similar to Peach Smoothie by Makeup Geek).

Chocolate Cookie:
This is a very warm toned dark mid-tone brown. Love this shade because I love my warm colours!

This one is a pretty expensive little palette retailing at $48.00 in Australia at Mecca Maxima stores. Is it worth it? Maybe. If you want a palette that is filled with matte shadows for everyday, this is perfect. I wish they included a black or something extremely dark. It would have made it a lot more rich and intense.

If you want to see this baby in action, I have a full tutorial on my channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY9nZfOI-9Q



Have you been wanting to get this?

Jacquelyn xx

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I have the original Too Faced Natural Eyes palette and love it so was excited to see they had released this! I think it would be a bit too warm for me though and I wouldn't get use out of all the shades! The quality is amazing though! Happy belated birthday!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't fault the quality, it's lovely. It is really good seeing an all matte palette tho!

      Delete
  2. Now invariably this is not going to work right so not certainly the first time so more intercommunication will be necessary but this is the idea so that when you start to collaborate with folks 70-412 you're not going to both work on the same piece to the project you're going to decide what lines you can draw all and just make a commitment to one another to implement.

    http://www.testkiz.com/exam-70-412

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been loving Too Faced shadows lately, such lovely formulas! These shades are gorg, I love all the warm tones!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one of my most reached for palettes atm. Love all mattes, very versatile and can be worn on the daily :)

      Delete
  4. This is definatly on the Wishlist, too faced eye shadows are so amazing. Lucky you for getting it for you birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good! I've definitely got my eye on some more palettes... but I really shouldn't be getting any more haha!

      Delete