OPI Venice Collection Review

September 18, 2015


OPI has just released a new collection for the Fall/Winter months in the northern hemisphere based off the beautiful European capital of Venice. The collection will introduce 12 shades to the permanent OPI range, so don't stress... you'll be able to purchase these whenever!

I was lucky enough to receive the little four pack which include both nudes and deeper colours. 
I am smitten.




This four pack contains four colours; A Great Opera-tunity, Worth a Pretty Penne, Amore at the Grand Canal and My Gondola or Yours?. I don't know if these colours really show Venice (considering it's surrounded by water you would think they would incorporate blue) but I guess it does pull that romantic vibe.


A Great Opera-tunity:
This is described as a melon shade and yep, that basically sums it up. It's a nude peachy shade and does resemble a melon in colour. This one was a little streaky as light pastel shades usually are unfortunately. The above swatch is 3 coats. 

Worth a Pretty Penne:
This is my favourite of the bunch. It is described as a shimmery copper but to me it looks like shimmery rose gold heaven. I am so excited to pair these first two together - can you imagine how gorgeous these would be?! This one had the best formula of the bunch and wasn't ridiculously streaky. The above swatch is 2 coats. 

Amore at the Grand Canal:
This shade looks to be a deeper raspberry shade. It's described as a ravishing red (whatever that means...). I think this is a very classic red shade and would suit a lot of skin tones. I'm keen to see how this looks on my nails because I love shades like this. Very classy and chic. The swatch is 2 coats.

My Gondola or Yours?:
This is described as a luscious black but this was my least favourite. It was extremely sheer at first and had a lot of streaks. I was hoping for big things because I am dying for a good quality black but unfortunately this wasn't my favourite. The above swatch is 3 coats (and there are still streaks!).

Are any of these of your to-buy lists? I can't wait to see the other shades they bring out - I'm hoping for some more similar to A Great Opera-tunity and Worth a Pretty Penne because they are stunning!

Jacquelyn xx

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. such beautiful shdes, i can't wait to try mine x

    Lily not Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy them! I've been wearing them non-stop!

      Delete
  2. I have the peach and the rose gold (can't be bothered to type out the full names haha) on together right now - I posted a NOTD of them on my blog :)) Love them both though, they look amazing together!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God, how perfect do they look together? It's like a match made in heaven!

      Delete
  3. Worth a pretty penne looks so beautiful! Definitely my favourite shade too!

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so gorgeous, very chic and sophisticated!

      Delete