Tarte LE Pin Up Girl Amazonian Clay Blush Palette

November 24, 2014

As you may have seen in my Sephora/MAC USA haul here I picked up the beaaaautiful Tarte Limited Edition Pin Up Girl Amazonian Clay Blush Palette! My Tarte cherry got popped!

Anyways, I thought I would give you guys a really quick review over this little stunner!





To be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of the packaging. It's quite bulky and the fabric is like a worn gold snake skin print/texture. It does feel very secure and I feel like if I dropped it it would be nicely cushioned in the fall. It has a clutch closing so it has a satisfying click when it closes. Along with the packaging, you receive two decorated bobby pin things. Kinda weird but whatever...

Breathless, Embraced, Whimsy, Bashful, Irreplaceable
Breathless: One of my absolute favourites in the palette. A very neutral peach brown shade that completely matte. This is perfect for any looks as it can be paired with anything. So buttery and smooth!

Embraced: In the palette this looks like a darker plum shade with subtle shimmers, however when applied it is quite sheer and perfect as a glowly mauve type blush. Again, super buttery and soft!

Whimsy: This is the lightest shade and is a bright warm pink. This one is super pigmented and completely matte again. I really like this shade as well and have been choosing this one regularly because I like the soft pink look!

Bashful: Another of my favourites, Bashful is a medium peach/orange shade with subtle shimmer as well. This is very reminiscent of Milani Luminoso and I absolutely adore that colour, so chances are I will be reaching for this one quite often. Again super soft and smooth even with the glitters!

Irreplaceable: This is a rosy pink red shade. Quite warm. This one is quite pigmented, so a light hand is needed particularly on my fair skin. Quality is perf like the rest!

Overall, I absolutely adore this palette. I love the shade selection and these blushers are soooo smooth and buttery I am super impressed. This has been a great introduction to the Tarte brand and I am keen to purchase more in time! 

Did you manage to score yourself one of these babies? Have you tried Tarte before?
Jacquelyn xx


You Might Also Like

0 comments