Review: NEW L'Oreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation*

April 05, 2017

 Y'all know I love a good drugstore foundation. So when this FULL COVERAGE, MATTE foundation was released from L'Oreal I was so keen to give it a try! I've been giving this a thorough testing the last month or two, so I thought it was about time I let you in on it.

If you want to read more about this foundation and whether I gave it a thumbs up or not, keep reading!


Coming in a tube packaging like their original Infallible foundation, this makes for super easy use and a good control of product. This product itself is quite a thick, moussey type formula. Definitely a thicker than usual type of foundation.

Initially, you can definitely feel the weight of the foundation. It is in no way a "lightweight"foundation. However, the foundation does lighten up after a couple minutes and I honestly didn't notice it after I set it. 


As you can see from the before and after photos from above, this foundation definitely lives up to it full coverage and matte finish claims. The majority of my redness and acne was covered and my skin complexion was evened out. It does kind of look like a mask, however, with a little bit of colour in my cheek products it definitely doesn't look as stark on my face.

One thing I do want to mention is that it will have the tendency to stick to dry patches on the skin. If you look closely at the tops of my cheeks, you can see a build up of product there where I have slightly drier skin.

Using a primer and setting spray, I can see this foundation lasting about 9 to 10 hours, however, shine started peeking out for me around 4 to 5 hours in. This is normal for me with my oily skin. 

I have read a lot of negative reviews on this foundation, but I don't see what is so terrible about it to be honest. I actually think it does a decent job for a drugstore full coverage foundation and I am quite happy to use this on the regular.

Have you tried this before or the original Infallible? Let me know in the comments below - I would love to hear your opinions.

Till next time...


*This product was gifted to me, however, all opinions are my own.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I recently picked this up and I love it! I too have oily skin though so maybe it works well on our skin type? x

    www.shayholly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My skin is super dry at the moment but I think this would work perfect for me in Summer! <3 Nice , honest review I love it !

    T

    www.tahanalee.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the coverage of it! I'll have to keep my eye out for it.

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete