Review + Swatches: Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette

July 18, 2017

Naughty Jacquelyn! Always picking up cult products! This week, another review of a highly talked up eyeshadow palette - Modern Renaissance by ABH. Now this pretty baby cost me an arm and a leg at Sephora Australia, but is it worth the pricetage? Keep reading to find out!

Lets start with the packaging of the palette. The eyeshadow palette is a magnetic cardboard with a suede fabric exterior. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan. The suede gets dirty quick and the cardboard feels cheap when you are paying so much. If it had packaging like the Urban Decay Naked palettes I would much prefer that!

The actual eyeshadows of the palette are very red-orange toned, which is all the rage lately and if I'm honest, it is my kind of tea. It has a great variety of mattes and shimmers to allow for a lot of versatile looks. This is my first time dealing with ABH shadows and holy moly, I'm impressed. They are all so creamy and smooth, none feel dry and powdery at all which is a fantastic! The slightest touch with your finger or brush and it has intense colour payoff. The eyeshadows don't have a lot of kick up either which is great especially if you aren't keen on getting a bunch of fallout under your eyes!



Top Row: Tempera, Golden Ochre, Vermeer, Buon Fresco, Antique Bronze, Love Letter, Cyprus Umber
Bottom Row: Raw Sienna, Burnt Orange, Primavera, Red Ochre, Venetian Red, Warm Taupe, Realgar
Final thoughts? I do really enjoy this palette and the quality of the eyeshadows are incredible and some of the best I've ever tried - pigmented, smooth, blendable with a real luxurious feel to them. 

If you are wanting to try some ABH eyeshadows or you love a good warm palette, then Modern Renaissance is for you! If you aren't so keen on the warm shades, maybe give this a pass for another one of their stunning palettes, they are often doing collaborations and releasing new palettes.

Is MR something that you want to add to your collection?

Till next time...

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I haven't tried any of the ABH palettes or eyeshadows but this one is kind of my thing. I've been resisting the urge to get it but I think I'll end up purchasing it, the colors look really nice <3

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still on the fence about this one!! I love the colours but I am just not sure I would use it!! I have heard the BYS Berry palette is a good dupe for it, and I can now get this palette in my little town, so I might have to pick it up and see if I would even use it! Great post Jacquelyn! x

    Mel xx || Loads of Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete