Review: Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Cream Kit*

July 25, 2017

I feel like my blog should just become a whole blog dedicated to reviewing face palettes - I'm always sucked in to them! Next up to review is the very affordable Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Cream Kit, which contains three highlight shades and three contour shades to help get you chiselled without spending a fortune! If you want to read my thoughts on this drugstore option, keep reading!


Firstly, lets commend the fact they have actually included shades light enough for pale skintones! Praise!!! Also, the formula of the creams is great! Very smooth and creamy. A lot of cream contour kits are dry and require a spritzing with Fix+ or a drop of oil, but this one by Barry M is a legit cream texture. Very easy to use and fool proof to blend out into nothing.


The first of the shades is a very pale, off white cream shade. It has very subtle pink undertones, but I find this works really well in any dark shadow areas of my face. This is a pale girls best friend to add some light without using a stark white colour!

The second shade is a fantastic yellow banana shade. As with the Revlon x Chloe Morello Contour Kit I reviewed recently here, this is light enough for pale skintones where it won't look stark yellow under the eyes. It actually works really well at brightening up and creating a super highlighted look. 

The last of the highlighting shades is a true light peach shade. This shade works well at helping to neutralise blues and purples. I don't suffer too much from discolouration, however I know a lot of people do and this would be a much-loved inclusion.

Starting from the left of the palette, the first contour shade is a cool toned brown shade. This is the lightest of the contour and the only one I can really use on my skintone.

The middle contour shade is couple shades darker than the first, but unfortunately I cannot pull it off because it is too dark. I have used the smallest amount before, but I do struggle to make it look natural.

The third contour shade is a rich espresso brown that would be perfect for deeper skintones! I again, can not pull this off unfortunately. I am really happy that they did include some very dark shades in the palette making it a lot more versatile for varying skintones.

Overall, I am really enjoying this cream contour kit. It is the first I've owned and I am so impressed. Bonus, it's such an affordable goodie as well.

You can pick yours up from Big W in Australia. What's your favourite contour kit, powder or cream? Let me know below in the comments.

Till next time...


*gifted, but all opinions are my own

You Might Also Like

0 comments