FIRST IMPRESSIONS: MECCA MAX

July 30, 2017

Hello beauties! Something veerrrrry exciting is coming! On August 1st, Mecca Maxima is releasing a new brand to their range with over 200 new products! Yep, Mecca Max is coming and chances are, you've probably seen a whole bunch of it on Instagram lately. 

I was lucky enough to receive a sample selection to try and I have been pleasently suprised. If you want to hear my thoughts and see some swatches, keep reading!





Lets start with the Eyephoria Vivid Impact Eye Palette, a gorgeous eyeshadow palette with 10 shades included as well as a fantastic large mirror. I absolutely love the packaging of this to start with - so sturdy and very sleek. It would be a fantastic palette to take on a holiday in your baggage. 
The colours in the palette are gorgeous with about half of them warm and half cool. The only issue with the colour selection is the lack of mattes. Out of the 10 shades, there is only 1 which is a matte. 

The formula of the shades is great. They feel extremely soft and smooth to the touch. Even the more glittery shades stay smooth and don't go overly chunky.



Next up is the Sunlit Skin Bronzer Medium, a lovely neutral bronzer. This bronzer has subtle gold glimmers throughout, however when swatched and applied to the skin, it doesn't look glittery or sparkling. If anything, it has a very natural finish. I love the formula of this - it isn't too soft and powdery but isn't too hard where you don't get any pigment. It is a really beautiful consistency, making it perfect for everyday. Also, packaging is A+.

Add a little glow with the Shimmer Shot Highlighting Wand Pearl. This is a handy little highlighter pen to add a natural glow to your skin. This isn't crazy intense, but if you layer a powder highlighter over the top your will die. Pearly is a light golden highlight with a very soft pink shift within in. I really like this product for a quick, natural glowy look.

Onto the lips, I loooove the formula of the Pout Pop Lipstick - Freedom Fighter. Super creamy and packed pigment. This colour is a stunning orangey pink coral shade, which I'm going to be dying over in Spring and Summer. I will need to pick myself up some of their nudey shades (obvs)!

We of course have to have a liquid lipstick in the collection and Mecca Max have released the A-Lipster Liquid Lipstick - Skinny Latte. I can see this being a top pick for many, especially this colour. It is your typical deep 90's nude rosey shade. The formula is very light and thin in consistency, however I did struggle at getting a very even application. I did note a little bit of patchiness, but with a lipliner underneath it would be perfect.

Finally, I was sent the Eye Max Power Couple Mascara which is a super exciting combo! On one end of the mascara wand is the upper lash wand which is quite large with a very slight tapered tip. Flip it and you get an extremely tiny mascara wand perfect for getting right up against the bottom lashline. I can't give you my thoughts on this one yet because I haven't tried it yet... but I've got high hopes judging by the wand and formula.

Guys! I'm kinda living for this range. I'm so excited to get my paws on some more goodies from the range. They've got some very amazing looking highlighters and blushes calling my name...

Are you excited for the new Mecca Max range? Let me know what you are keen for in the comments below!

Till next time...


*Products were gifted but all opinions are my own 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm super keen for the Pout Pop lipsticks!! I just love the pop-out packaging!! haha Plus the packaging as a whole over the entire range!! Its gorgeous!

    Mel x | Loads of Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for the range - mostly because it's so many new products and I'm excited to really see it ALL since we've only gotten sneak peeks here and there. The lip products look promising! I lurve the packaging.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete