April Beauty Favourites 2014

April 30, 2014

Another month has passed and we're getting ever so close to being half way done with 2014! This month I really expanded my products, ie. I did a lot of shopping. These are the standout picks for this month! 


Sally Hansen Insta-Dri:
I have always used my Seche Vite but this month I picked the Sally Hansen version up because I just ran out of my SV and this just so happened to be on sale. I didn't have that high of expectations for this product, but it suprisingly did a lot better than I thought it would. It doesn't give the gel/thick kind of look Seche Vite does, but that isn't always such a bad thing. It dried super fast and has helped my nail polish last a decent amount of time on my nails with small amounts of wear and tear. I've been reaching for this everytime I've done my nails in the past three weeks! Recommend!

Aesop Chamomile Concentrate Anti-Blemish Masque:
You know it's fancy when they use 'masque' rather than 'mask'. Anyway, I went to the Aesop shop and I was initially wanting to get the Parsley Seed masque, however she recommened I try this one out because my skin is more on the oily side and I am prone to blemishes. I am extremely glad I did. I've been using this once a week and I am loving it. I am currently on medication for my acne, so I'm not sure if this is entirely to do with this product, but my face definitely showed an improvement after I used this mask. The redness was definitely reduced and the swelling has noticeably shrinked from my current pimples. Excited to use it again!

Lorac Pro Palette:
Okay, so to be fair I only received this like two weeks ago, but oh my goodness. It's beautiful. I'm going to right a blog post on this baby, but in short terms I love it. Soft, buttery shades. Crazy pigmentation. Only fault I can find it that the shadows do cause a bit of a mess within the palette, but I'm willing to live with that!

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer:
I purchased this late last year whilst I was in Thailand and within the last month I've been using this on a regular basis. It is so brightening under my eyes and looks flawless. I haven't found too much creasing until about the 4-5 hour mark, which is pretty good in my books. It is hard to get a hold of here in Australia, so luckily I decided to pick up two of them overseas. Phew!

Benefit Box Blush Brush:
I have a million of these. You get them with the boxed powders you get from Benefit. I have been using these brushes for months and months as my contour brush. They seem to have a very similar shape to the famous NARS Ita brush, so they work wonders at helping to carve out my non-existent cheekbones. If you have this sitting around your vanity, give it a go at contouring!


Left-to-Right: Revlon Shameless, SG Violet Crumble, MB Tough as Taupe, MAC Soft and Gentle

Revlon Matt Balm - Shameless:
I had to pick this shade up when I went to buy some of these new balms. It is soooo beautiful. I've been wearing this shade on days where I want a bold, dark lip. Formula is incredible. Creamy, smooth and so pigmented. They feel fantastic on the lips as well. Ace job, Revlon!

Sportsgirl Pout About It Lipstick - Violet Crumble:
When I haven't been reaching for Shameless, I've been reaching for this pretty thing. Can you tell I've got a thing for purple toned colours lately? These Sportsgirl lipsticks are lovely and they have a wonderful shade selection. If you live in Australia, I'd definitely recommend you check them out! I've only started purchasing the lipsticks recently, but yep... they are becoming a favourite formula!

Maybelline Color Tattoo - Tough as Taupe:
I purchased this shade thinking it would make a great base to my eyeshadow because it's matte and neutral, but nope. I hated the way it looked on my eyes. It made me look ill or sickly. Anyways, it was sitting in my draw getting no use until I started seeing on Instagram using the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade (?) and I had an epiphany! This colour looks fantastic in my eyebrows. I have received numerous comments when I use this and thats when you know you've got a good thing going! I wish th texture was a bit more wet as these tend to dry out fast, but the colour is perfection with my dark, borderline black eyebrows!

MAC Soft and Gentle:
This month I've been really giving my S&G a workout. I previously stayed soley with my Mary Lou-Manizer by The Balm, but this month I've strayed toward S&G. It gives a beautiful sheen to the skin and makes you look healthy, alive and glowy! There is a reason why this is one of MAC's most talked about products!

Those have been the products I have been loving lately! I've really been trying to play up my makeup this last month and I've discovered new products in my collection I love!

What have been your favourites?! I'd love to read them!

Jacquelyn xxx

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Found a new covet, the Aesop mask! And the Lorac palette looks insanely beautiful! Great purchases :)

    Élle | OH NOTHING VENTURED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels amazing on the skin! Ah, you know regular clay masks how they are like tingly and slightly... burny feeling on the skin? This one feels like lotion and when it dries it does like contrict your face as much!
      I will have to do a review!

      Delete
  2. Lovely faves. The Lorac palette is gorgeous and I still have yet to pick up the new Revlon balms but they swatch beautifully.

    Glad I found your blog! I'm a new follower :)

    http://berrixbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorac palette is beaaautiful! So glad I finally got my paws on it!
      And the Revlon balms are amazing too! The matte ones literally just glide on your lips and feel so smooth and velvety! Definitely loving them! Have about six of them now I think!

      Followed you too :)

      Delete
  3. Great products!! I love your blog :)

    Well I was wondering if we could follow each other via bloglovin, instagram, twitter, facebook and g+? Do visit my blog and let me know where you follow and I will follow back right away!! :)

    Keep in touch
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post gets me so excited to try the tough as taupe in my brows! I ordered the Lorac palette last week can't wait for it to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it if you have darker, cool toned eyebrows! And you will love the Lorac Pro Palette! X

      Delete
  5. I've got my eyes on the lorac palette!! it would definitely make my mornings easier!

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this post!! We wanna try that mask! Wonder if they do samples :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post dear. Lorac palette is on my wish list. Loved your blog.
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh youve just convinced me to definately get the lorac pro palette!! :D xx

    ReplyDelete