Highlight of my life

April 13, 2014

Now back in the day, I was the biggest fan of a fully matte, shine free face. Don't get me wrong, I still love a matte looking face, and now I guess going into winter, my love for matte faces will start to be more dominate. However, the past couple months I have been delving more into getting my highlight and my glow on.

There is definitely a difference between a subtle highlight and looking like a disco ball. You need to have a light hand, and be wary that just because you can't see the highlight in the mirror, doesn't mean it isn't there! I have been caught too many times with that...

No idea where you should highlight? Here is a little face chart I whipped up to give you some idea.


You want to hit the high points of your face, the places you would normally get a "glow".

Now to my growing collection of beautiful, highlighty, shiny goodness.



Left to Right: Revlon Photoready Skinlights - 200 Pink Light, Face of Australia Illuminator Angel Glow, Face of Australia Illuminator Angel Flame, Benefit High Beam



Left to Right: The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer, Essence Ticket to Paradise, MAC Soft and Gentle

As you can see, I have a whole range of colours. Ranging from champagne beiges to pinky shades and full out bronzes.

To be perfectly honest, I tend to favour the powder highlighters more then the cream ones. I think its easier to deal with then having to apply a cream and work hard at blending it out. My favourites out of my whole bunch are the The Balm Mary-Lou and also MAC Soft and Gentle.

What's your favourite highlighter?

xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments