Top 10 under $10 - kinda, sorta

September 12, 2014

I've been loving high end makeup lately. I think I'm budgeting more, allowing me to splurge a little bit more on faaancy pieces. But, we all love a bargain! I have a pretty extensive drugstore collection, so it took me a while to whittle it down to my favourites for under $10 AUD.
 Let's get into it!




Sportsgirl Pout About It Lip Colour: These do not get as much love as they should! They have a crazy large selection of colours going from lilac to pink to black, with the majority I find to be cream or matte finishes. These five are only a small portion of my Sportsgirl lipstick collection. They are smooth, creamy and last for ages on your lips! Better still, they are less than $10 coming in at $9.95. 


NYX Butter Gloss: These are a cult favourite in the beauty world and it really isn't hard to see why. They have a large range of colours and can be worn alone on the lips because of their high pigmentation. They aren't crazy sticky like other lip glosses and smell absolutely DIVINE! My collection is at 12 and counting... so yeah, obvs in love! These can be found for $9.95 in Target AU or online for around $5!



Milani Baked Blush: I haven't had these for very long (beginning of July to be honest) but my collection is already at 6! They are so beautiful, in particular the shade Luminoso because it is so glowy and healthy on the cheeks. They have a large range of colours and they are look amazing! You can't purchase these in store in Australia but you can pick them up online for approximately $8!



Colour Theory bronzer*: Okay, I really have fallen in love with this bronzer. It isn't often you can find decent matte bronzers in the drugstore, especially within Australia but Colour Theory have definitely nailed it! This bronzer is very neutral in tone and looks amazing on the skin! You can only purchase these from Amcal pharmacies for $8!



Face of Australia Bronzer/Highlighter duo: This only recently came out and I'm fairly sure it was meant to be a limited edition product (even though it has been here for ages...). This comes with a dark, cool toned bronzer shade great for contouring and a champagne highlighter shade with little flecks of glitter thrown in the mix. I honestly really love this baby! The highlighter isn't crazy intense, but looks fantastic as an everyday glowy look on the cheeks. The contour shade is fabbbb! This retails for $9.95 but you can pick this up cheaper as FOA is constantly on sale!



Essence Bloom Me Up highlighter: To be perfectly honest, I could have chosen a whole bunch of Essence products to throw in here - their blushers, their eyeshadows, their lipsticks, their lipglosses etc. However, Essence releases a new highlighter with nearly every collection they bring out and they NAIL it everytime! They do highlighters so well, I can't even! This baby was less than $6 and looks crazy beautiful on the cheeks!



BYS blushers: I recently did a blog post about these here and yep, I love them especially for their price tag! They are very smooth and pigmented and look extremely healthy and glowy because of the shimmer in them. The only problem I can fault in them is that they are a taaaad powdery. These can be picked up for around the $5 mark. Recommend definitely for a beginner!


Wet N Wild eyeshadows: I could have also included their blushers because they are fantastic but I do adore their eyeshadows! They are so pigmented, so creamy and pigmented. The shade Brulee is my favvvvvourite brow bone shade ever. You can't pick these up in Australia but you can pick these all up online for a cheap price!


Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeliners: These are one of the only eyeliners that actually last on my waterline. Rimmel were one of the first drugstore brands to bring out a nude eyeliner and I love theirs! They are very smooth and don't drag on the eye when applying! These can be picked up for $9.95 and come in a range of colours!


Essence Lash and Brow Gel: This must be third or fourth tube of this stuff (don't mind how gross it is looking...) and I will keep going back. It hold my brows reasonably well and again, is one of the only drugstore ones on the market! I haven't tried any other ones because I can't justify spending more than the $3.50 I would spend on this one! 


FOA Loose Translucent Powder: People always talk about this stuff and it took me legit forever to even find it in stock! I know this is either a love or hate type of product for people, but I really honestly love it! It looks amazing under my eyes as it really brightens that area up for me. I wish the sifter didn't let so much product through, especially cause I store this on it's side everything comes out! This actually retail for $11.95, but like I said, you can often find FOA on special and pick it up for a much cheaper price!

Anyways those are my favourites under $10 AUD! Chances are this will change as I am always trying to find little gems for super cheap!

What do you think of the products I chose? Have you got any bargain products I need to get my hands on?

Jacquelyn xx

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. So many great products! I didn't know Essence had a brow gel?! Definitely going to be picking that up next time! I love the Sportsgirl lipsticks but I find they don't last long on me and tend to go all blotchy :( LOVE that FOA powder - such a staple! X

    The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does the job for such a cheap product. My eyebrows aren't that unruly so it works well for me hahah.

      Oh no! I don't find any issues with the Sportsgirl lipsticks!

      Delete
  2. I spot some of my faves here! Love the BYS blushes, Wetnwild shadows and the FOA loose powder! That FOA bronzer/highlighter is GORGEOUS, I'm so tempted to pick it up.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many good ones here, I'll need to check out some of these! The BYS blushes have interested me for a while but let's be honest I don't need anymore blush! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blush is suuuuuch a addicitive purchase though :(

      Delete
  4. I love so many of these products! Sportsgirl lipsticks are amazing ♡

    Eila | theblushingbrunettes

    ReplyDelete