July Beauty Favourites 2014

July 30, 2014

Another month has passed. This month felt like a big month to me! I turned 21 during July - extremely old, I know! Anyways this month I bought a lot of new things and trialled a lot of new things and these are things I've been reaching for the most!




FOA Powder, Colour Theory Bronzer, The Balm Toile
Red Carpet Kolour Body Glow - light: I am not a lover of fake tan, I find it messy and I find it an extremely boring and tedious task. However, with Winter well and truly here in Australia my skin was getting extremely pasty, extremely dry and extremely ashy. A full review on this bad boy will be up soon, but to be honest, it has been my saviour for my body not looking dead and dry.

Face of Australia - Translucent Powder: I have searched high and low for this powder! Since Lauren Curtis made it so popular it has literally been run off the shelves at all times! #firstworldproblems But I managed to stumble across one in my local Big W and I knew it had to be mine. I have used it every single day since I've purchased it! I use it under my eyes and it seems to brighten the area up! I absolutely am in love! Plus you get a buttload of product so I can't see this being empty for a very long time!

Colour Theory Bronzer - Natural Glow: I wrote a full review on the Colour Theory brand and their products here and this bronzer was one of the products I received! I have been loving this bronzer. The colour adds such a lovely warmth to my face... it is too orangey for a contour colour, but it works perfectly as an overall bronzer! It is smooth to the touch and I love the little embossed pattern on the product!

The Balm Instain blush - Toile: Okay, this colour is the bomb! Can we just take a moment to appreciate the amazing colour! I wrote a full review here where I sung this blush many praises! I have been adoring this colour for the winter times as it looks like it's been super cold outside and my cheeks are that super cute pinky red colour. 



Whitening Lightning Color Your Smile lipgloss - Pink Tiara: We all know everyone has been raving about these lipglosses and for good reason! They aren't crazy sticky on the lips and the colours are super opaque! I will have  full review with lip swatches coming soonish, I'm just waiting on some more lipglosses to come in the mail! Anyway, Pink Tiara is a beautiful baby pink colour that can basically go over any pink or nude lipstick. Loving this colour for everyday as I am more partial to a pinky nude than a beige nude!

Maybelline Bold Matte - Mat7: I looked for this colour for ages because everywhere I went it was sold out! It is a pinky brown nude colour and this is fabulous for everyday use! I also like to pair it with Pink tiara as together it is perfection!

EOS lip balm: The hype around these is ridic. I didn't think they would be anything special and probably just a gimmick but I am actually impressed. They feel so smoothing on the lips, not too thin or oily but not too thick that you struggle to apply lipsticks. I have the mint one because I absolutely love the minty tingles you get from mint lip products!


NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, The Balm Put a Lid on it, Zazi Mineral Cosmetics Brow Butter Cola
With Primer (top), Without primer (bottom)
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer - Vanilla: When I was wanting to purchase this I found that everytime I went to Mecca, these were all empty/dried up so I found it realy hard to determine a good shade! Thank god I chose the right shade though! I have been using this each time I do my makeup lately and it has replaced my old routine with the Maybelline Fit Me concealer. This is so creamy, yet very light on the skin! It still creases on me, but everything else does unfortunately. You really don't need much to cover a large area I find!

The Balm Put a Lip on It - eye primer: This primer is aweeeeesome. It doesn't feel greasy like how others feel and it really does make a difference to the appearance of shadows (see the photo above!). It blends out super easy and doesn't take long to sink in. I haven't seen significant creasing on my eyelids since using this and feel it keeps my eyeshadows on all day whilst I'm at work or out. Impressive!

Zazi Mineral Cosmetics Brow Butter - Cola: I was thinking this would be a dupe to my favourite Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade but it is completely different. I will be putting together a review shortly with before and after photos of my brows using this. It feels more like a very pigmented wax when you use a brush, however if you dip your finger in it it feels a lot more creamy and soft. I actually think this is a fabulous and easier alternative to the Dipbrow. The waxier feeling makes it easier to draw edges and fill in without looking unnatural. I think I may need to pick up a darker shade from them as I think this one is slightly lighter than what I would usually go for.

THATS IT!
What have been your monthly favourites? I'd love to find new products to test out if you enjoy them!

Jacquelyn xx

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I really am itching to try the NARS creamy concealer but it is still a luxury for me! Oh the theBalm blush looks gorgeous! I love the FOA translucent powder too and it certainly was a mission to find.
    I have to say the EOS lip balms aren't the most hydrating but they are moisturising enough for day and are so cute and fun to apply with.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the FOA Loose powder, but I can't find it anywhere! It sounds so nice ♡

    Eila | theblushingbrunettes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, it's so easy to blend my favourite at the moment!

    Lisa | Multitasking Damsel

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many amazing products! I just repurchased my FOA translucent powder - I can't live without it! I really want to try the EOS lip balm but I cannot find it anywhere :( I can't wait to hear a review on the Zazi brow butter, I'm desperately in need of a new eyebrow filler!

    The Sunday Chapter xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really want to try the FOA translucent powder and NARS concealer! They seem amazing. And the Zazi butter looks so pigmented! Do you know if it's comparable to Anastasia Dipbrow? XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really want to try the FOA translucent powder and NARS concealer! They seem amazing. And the Zazi butter looks so pigmented! Do you know if it's comparable to Anastasia Dipbrow? XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday!! The big 2 1 haha. Ahh i've been meaning to get the translucent powder, I will have to try to get my hands on one soon. Great Faves :)
    Natalie♥
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday gorgeous! I hope you had a good day! I love the look of that blush! xx

    ReplyDelete