Luxola haul! Sleek and Zoeva

July 23, 2014

So I thought I would whip this up ASAP so I can start playing around with my new goodies and including them in my daily FOTDs on Instagram (@heytherejacquelyn if you weren't aware...)!

I decided to make a purchase through Luxola on the afternoon of Thursday the 17th of July and I received it bright and early this morning, Monday the 21st of July - a total of 5 days, including a weekend... ALL THE WAY FROM SINGAPORE. Oh, and you also get a super reliable tracking number! So safe to say I was extremely impressed with the amazing shipping. Thats not all! The parcel was packaged amazingly. Each item was individually wrapped in bubble wrap. Not just a little, but two bubble wrap sheets were used for each item.
Seriously though... look at the amount of bubble wrap!




Zoeva #231 Luxe Petit Crease: I wasn't really too sure if I should purchase this one of not, but I am glad I did! Very similar to a pencil brush however just larger. This would be fantastic for girls wanting to create a very defined crease or just to help blend and smudge out the lower lash line. This brush is very stiff and seems to hold its shape extremely well!



Zoeva #228 Crease: This brush has a similar shape as the #231 as it is tapered, however the #228 is slightly wider and has longer bristles. This brush is slightly softer and less stiff than the #231 and so I can see this baby being very helpful in blending out crease colours.



Zoeva #227 Soft Definer: This brush is meant to be Zoeva's take on the MAC 217 cult favourite brush, however, to be honest I don't think the shape of it is too similar - I have others that look more like the MAC 217. This brush has more of a "fan" type shape to it when you compare it to brushes similar. I still think it will do a fantastic job at blending as it is still soft, but still holds the shape.

A few little points I feel I should include about the Zoeva blushers:
  • I haven't used them yet, literally writing this post straight after opening the parcel
  • I also haven't washed them to see whether there is any dye leakage or whether they hold their shape
  • Oh and these brushes literally cost me less than $11 per brush - fantastic price for brushes that feel amazing. 


Flamingo - Rose Gold
 Luxola also carries Sleek makeup and I have been dying to get my hands on some of their blushes!

Flamingo: The colour of this blush is insane! The camera doesn't pick up just how bright and intense the colour is. This is a pinky red type of shade, but somehow has a bit of a neon edge to it. When you look directly at the pan, there are no visible glitters however when swatched on the skin there is a lovely sheeny glow to it. Love love love this colour, excited to play with ti!

Rose Gold: This is Sleeks alternative to the much raved about NARS orgasm. A beautiful pinky peach colour with gold shimmers to it. It looks amazingly stunning. I love NARS Orgasm so I am excited to see how I like the much cheaper alternative.
Rose Gold (top) Flamingo (bottom)

A few things to note about the blushers:
  • They are packaged in a beautifully sleek black packaging which contain a mirror and are a looooot smaller than I originally thought - however they do contain a massive 8g (MAC blushers contain 6g).
  • They are super soft and pigmented -  a light hand is needed 

Sleek Rose Gold - NARS Orgasm

Rose Gold - Orgasm
 Here is just a quick comparison on the Sleek Rose Gold blush and the NARS Orgasm blush. They are extremely similar even when swatched. I feel that if anything, the Sleek Rose Gold is more pigmented (not always a good thing!).

Have you shopped from Luxola before? I am absolutely in love with this website! They have free shipping to Australia when you spend more than $40!

Jacquelyn xx


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I really want the Zoeva Soft Definer brush! Looks like a great crease brush ♡

    Eila | theblushingbrunettes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoeva brushes are my absolute favourite! They're so beautiful. How good are the Sleek blushes?! I have rose gold too and it's been my go-to for when I'm going out. So similar to Orgasm as well.

    The Sunday Chapter xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so interested in both Sleek and Zoeva but sadly neither are available in Canada ! Sleek has great products !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg those Zoeva brushes look beautiful! I wonder if they ship to Australia?? I've nominated you for the Liebster Award tag, when you have time check out my blog link below for the questions and info. Let me know when you've done the tag, love to see your answers!

    Lisa | Multitasking Damsel

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Zoeva brushes look great. I want to try Sleek blushes. Thanks for sharing!

    Jasmien x
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous of your Zoeva brushes! I wish I could afford them!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete