March - June Empties 2014

July 06, 2014

It's been a hot minute since I did my last empty post and I have accumulated a   bunch of trash to talk to you guys about. This is another long one, so prepare yourself with a tea and biscuits!




4me Nail Polish Remover pads: I was veeeery skeptical about these because I tried them once and I hated the oily residue it left behind on my fingertips so I stopped using them for quite a few months. I received these in a subscription box a long, long time ago and surprisingly they never went dry the entire time! I actually ended up not minding these and found one pad was sufficient to remove all the polish off both hands! I still prefer regular remover though! Would I repurchase? Probably not because I prefer regular remover.

Sally Hansen Extra Strength Polish Remover: This is the second bottle of these I've gone through. You can only purchase this at Cosmetics Plus I think! This bottle is massive and lasts me ages and was only $7! Bargain! I'm using some other brand at the moment but it just doesn't remove like this one! Do you have a recommended nail polish remover I should try? Would I repurchase? Unless I find a better option, most likely yes.

Cutex 8 Hour Rescue Hand and Nail Cream: I have had this for so long and honestly forgot I had it. I decided I would keep it next to my bed so I wouldn't forget to apply it before bed and this also means my boyfriend can also keep his hands nice and soft! I liked the scent of this one as it kind of smelt like Pineapples - weird for a hand cream, I know. Would I repurchase? Probably not because I have a milllllion and one hand creams to get through!

Clearasil Pimple Blocker Pen: I have had this for way too long, hence why I am throwing it out. I think this worked at first, but I think my skin got used to and I didn't bother with it anymore. I am on medication now for my acne so I'm not really breaking out to bother dealing with acne treatments. Would I repurchase? No

John Plunkett Multi Vitamin moisturiser: I received this with a subscription box and was didn't really find anything to special with it. Simple. Would I repurchase? No

Batiste Dry Shampoo Blush: I don't mind dry shampoos but I just don't understand the craze about them. Maybe it's because I'm not so focused on my hairs appearance (woops!). I didn't really like the scent of this one so I just kind of used it in ridiculous amounts just to use it up. I heard they have a dark hair version...? That might be a better option for me! Would I repurchase? Not the blush scent, maybe the darker version!

Seacret Body Lotion: I loved the smell of this. Very fresh and light smelling. As a lotion, it was very thin in consistency. I don't think this moisturised very well as I'd apply it and it would be sucked in and gone... but my skin didnt really feel any different. Another subscription sample! Would I repurchase? No

Target Exfoliating wipes (green): I reaaaalllly didn't like these. I hated the texture of the wipes and they felt like paper. I prefer cloth type wipes so these really didn't appeal to me. They were only a couple dollars, so I'm glad they are done with. Because they were exfoliating wipes, I feel like it stung my skin if I rubbed too hard... and don't even think about using these for your lips! It stings! Would I repurchase? No

Target Age Reverse wipes (red): I like anything anti-aging and these weren't too bad for the price. I liked the wipe feeling of these a lot more than the green ones. Still don't think it did anything I'm not used to. Would I repurchase? No

My Beauty Diary sheet masks: I purchased these in Thailand last year because I adore sheet masks. This was a seven pack where each mask targeted a different skin concern. Honestly, I tend to use sheet masks in a relaxation way rather than a results way. Would I repurchase? Probably not, purely because it isn't accessible here and I love trying new ones

Natio Top Coat polish: I've had this for a long time and it's gone crazy gloopy. I didn't really enjoy this top coat as it was thick and took forever to dry. Definitely better ones out on the market and this one wasn't particularly cheap either! Would I repurchase? No

Face of Australia Liquid Eyeliner: This was my holy grail liner for a while there. This one lasted me so long and I felt it would never run out! This is a brush tip that you keep dipping back into the container. This eyeliner is crazy pigmented and easy to work with even though it is a brush tip! I never had an issue with fraying! Would I repurchase? Possibly in the future, but I have got multiple backups of my Maybelline Master Precise ready for me...

Eddie Funkhouser lipstick: I don't even know where this came from! It must be crazy old because the packaging on their website looks completely different to what I have here now! Would I repurchase? Probably not!

Makeup Academy MUA Lipstick Shade 5: Why did I even get this? I hate shimmery lipsticks and this is like the worst! Light pink and silver glitter - very classy, NAHT. Throwing it out because I will never wear it and because the bullet has melted and doesn't even stand up straight. Would I repurchase? No

Lulu lipstick???: Another one I have no idea about how it got into my collection. It doesn't really have a name anywhere... just the word Lulu on the bottom. The colour is a shimmery purple mauve colour. Not my cup of tea. Goodbye. Would I repurchase? No


Rusk Sensories Clarify Shampoo: I absolutely adore clarifying shampoos. Even though I don't use many products in my hair, I feel like clarifying shampoos just make my hair so much better. This one smells minty and feels so good on my scalp! I don't know where you can purchase this as it was originally my boyfriends and I just took it from him (another woops!). Would I repurchase? If I knew where I could get it yes!

Head and Shoulders Itchy Scalp Care shampoo: Love head and shoulders! I an not afraid to admit... I have dandruff. I have black hair so any little white specks show up like cray in my hair. Honestly, Head and Shoulder shampoos have always worked for me and I think of them as a lifesaver. I particularly love this one because it is a refreshing feel on my scalp and is so relaxing after a long day! Would I repurchase? Yes, again and again and again!

Homebrand Baby Shampoo: I needed this to wash my makeup brushes, but I ended up leaving it and using my Daiso shampoo when I discovered that beauty! Would I repurchase? If Daiso no longer stocked the cleaner than yes.

Peace and Fun Salt Scrub: I got this as a gift from a friend and used it for the first time and dropped it most of it down the drain! I really enjoyed it and it smelt so lovely! It exfoliated wonderfully and sparked my love for body exfoliators and scrubs! Would I repurchase? Maybe, but honestly I have so many scrubs to go through now!


St. Ives Green Tea Scrub: This is so lovely! I love it a lot. It isn't too harsh on the skin, however it definitely feels as though it getting some nasty gunk out! Plus I really have a soft spot for any products that have green tea in it! My boyfriend really loved this as well! Would I repurchase? Yes, definitely one of my favourite facial scrubs!

St. Ives Apricot Scrub: A controversial product. Some people love it, some people detest it. A lot of people say this scrub is too harsh, and I do somewhat agree with them. I find the apricot bits in the scrub a bit too harsh on my skin. I feel like I am rubbing my skin raw sometimes... much prefer the green tea version! Would I repurchase? No

Formula 10.0.6 One Smooth Operator scrub: I didn't really enjoy this. I didn't like the jelly type texture and I didn't really enjoy the scent either. I know a lot of people like Formula 10.0.6 product but I just haven't been wowed by anything I've tried. Let me know if you have any must have products from this brand!? Would I repurchase? No

Nivea Daily Essentials Facial Wash Gel: I found this in my backup drawer and decided I'd just use it up. I love the scent of Nivea products... it's very calming and clean smelling. I didn't notice anything outstanding with this one. Would I repurchase? No


Baji Super-Nutri Overnight Face Serum: I haven't finished this yet but thought I would put it in because I know I will soon. I have't really noticed any difference in my skin texture or anything, but I don't mind this. It feels nice when I apply it and doesn't take forever to sink into my skin. I received this with a subscription box. Would I repurchase? Probably not

Swisse Hand Cream: I really liked this handcream! I have got multiple of these because I have received them all within subscription boxes - lucky I like it! It isn't too thick and sinks into the skin very fast. I like the lemon type scent it has and it was very refreshing to use. Would I repurchase? Most likely, but again... I have heaps of hand creams to get through!

Lush 9 to 5 Orchid Oil Cleansing Lotion: This stuff is amazing. I didn't think I'd like it so much because I'd never really used a cream type cleanser, but this is so lovely. I love the smell of it. Floral but not crazy overpowering. Because it is a cream cleanser it really moisturises my skin while it cleanses. Everytime I used it I'd feel my face afterwards and it would feel so smooth and supple again. Love! Do you guys know if I can use this black bottle in the Recycle Lush program for a face mask? Would I repurchase? In the future, yes!

La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water: This stuff is so refreshing. I didn't really know what to do with it, but I used it during the summer months to cool mine and my boyfriends face down in the heat. I feel like it's just water in a spray bottle... but so good! Would I repurchase? Probably not because it isn't necessary

Anna Sui Balancing Lotion: This stuff smelt good. Scent is a big thing for me, guys! Anyways, I didn't see any improvements using this and I felt like you needed a fair bit to cover your face. Would I repurchase? No

Homebrand Baby Wipes: You need these if you are a beauty blogger. Cheaper than face wipes yet super soft, moisturising and take everything off. So gooood. I use these everytime to wipe my bench, any spills and wipe off swatches! Would I repurchase? Duh!

Savvy by DB Mineral Pressed Powder: I thought I would include this because pan is obvious. I don't mind this powder, but it isn't my favourite. I prefer the Australis Fresh and Flawless or the Rimmel Stay Matte. This doesn't keep me crazy matte but it does set my makeup and provide a little bit of extra coverage. Would I repurchase? Better ones in the same price range!

That is it, guys! I feel like I've been writing this posts for hours (Exaggeration, but kinda true). Anyways, I hope you enjoyed my most recent empties! What was your last empty product?

Jacquelyn xx

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Great post! I love seeing lots of empties, feels so good to throw things away haha. My last empty was baby shampoo too, for my brushes! X

    Bec | Bec & Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like such an accomplishment! I feel like I haven't wasted my money when I use up products... sometimes I'll just continue with something I dislike just so I can throw it away with satisfaction when it is empty!

      Delete
  2. Great post babe! Soooo many empties! I can't believe you have gone through so much. I always feel like it takes me forever to get through my products. I am on a mission this month to finish up products. You've inspired me. That green tea scrub sounds really good too. xx

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... it was ridiculous! I didn't realise how many I had until i put it all together and I was like... wow. Such a good feeling throwing away used up products!

      Delete
  3. You should definitely try the tinted Batiste dry shampoo, it's amazing for dark hair! I use mine almost everyday!
    I need to try that St Ives Green Tea Scub, it sounds wonderful! ♡

    Eila | theblushingbrunettes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting through so many products! It feels so satisfying doesn't it?
    I recommend the FOA polish remover, it's so cheap and yet works good. I hate the sound of exfoliating wipes, they just sound so harsh. I struggle with dandruff too and Head and Shoulders is great... until my hair stopped reacting to it and it stopped being effective haha.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post! I tend to wait a bit too! Im trying so hard to finish off a lot of stuff at the moment

    ReplyDelete