Review: NEW NYX Color Mascaras

October 23, 2015


I was super lucky to have been contacted by the Australian PR company for NYX and was given the opportunity to try out these new colour mascaras they were launching. Here are some basic deets - these mascaras can ONLY be purchased online through the Target Australia website and they retail for $12.95 OR you can get a five pack bundle like the one I have here for $39. Also, it should be noted that outside of this five pack there seems to be three more additional shades in Brown, Purple (darker than this one I believe) and a darker Blue. If you are interested in knowing my honest opinion, keep reading!



Firstly, the packaging. It's super cute and I find it extremely handy that the outside tubes correspond perfectly with the actual product shade. This means when I fumble through my draws I can always easily spot them and choose what I want. The five shades I have here in the order below are Perfect Pear, Pink Perfect, Coral Reef, Forget Me Not and Mint Julep. This five pack bundle is all pastel, pale shades that are perfect for the Spring and Summer months we are getting into here in Australia.


The brush wands aren't my favourite. They are skinny, plastic bristled wands that don't really do too much for my eyelashes unfortunately. The formula for all of these are quite runny and you do tend to pick up a bit much on the brush head. However, in saying that... I find these PERFECT for the upper lashes, they can really coat the lashes and are extremely opaque. BUT the bottom lashes are a whole different story. Now I don't know if it's just my personal preference, but I don't really like to wear bright pink mascara on my top lashes, but I'd love to rock them on my bottom as it gives a fun edge. These mascara do NOTHING for my bottom lashes sadly. They barely even coat them with colour. I've tried all the shades and nothing even shows on my bottom lashes. I know I have crappy lashes but I expect some payoff.

So if you are looking for an amazing coloured mascara for the top lashes, the NYX Color Mascara range is for you. But if you are like me and only really ever want lower lashes coated, steer clear (unless you have beautiful long lashes of course!).

Have you tried the NYX Color Mascaras before? What did you think of them?

Jacquelyn xx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. i've been using these lately and my favourite so far is purple! they are so fun :)

    lilynotlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of mascara brush wands like that. I'd probably choose the purple to wear though.

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete