Tuesday Thoughts #5 - Long time no talk, hiking and finishing uni

October 13, 2015

So... woops. It's been a while since I've actually written a Tuesday Thoughts post and I can't really give an excuse. Sometimes trying to manage so many things in life gets a bit stressful and you really just need to take a step back and breathe.

My partner and I have been hiking all the time lately. Literally every week. I've just been feeling the weather here in Queensland and have been starting to feel more inspired and energetic. It's also a great chance for us to spend some quality couple time together without the hassle of phones or emails. We can just be us, without distractions. We've been to probably about 10 or so different locations and the Sunday just gone we hiked around the Lamington National Park and it was absolutely beautiful. I can't get over how gorgeous and lovely it was. Unfortunately I got stung, not once but twice, by those dang stingy plants. Dead, so uncomfortable. If anyone knows of really good, rainforest-y kind of hikes please leave me a comment and let me know! :)

I handed in my last assignment EVER the other day. A couple days early I might add! Basically this semester I only had two assignments and one final exam, so it's been a fairly cruisey time. Now with both assessment done, I just have the final exam to complete and then I will be graduating! OMG. Five years and the time is nearly here. What do I treat myself with? I'm thinking a Tiffany and Co. necklace?

Job applying has been getting me hella down as I keep getting knocked back or feel like there aren't any jobs that really sound like they fit me. I'm a bit torn as to what I want to do with life, but I'm hoping if I take it one day at a time I will figure something out. I'm going to be graduating with a Marketing and Information Technology degree, just FYI!

I'm getting a spa facial today, but I don't really know what is involved BUT I am keen for it. It's with Jurlique and it is to welcome in Summer and prep my skin so it looks healthy and radiant! I love getting pampered, it is such a nice feeling to feel super important for a little bit and get treated to some luxury!

True Blood has been my life lately. I used to watch True Blood back in the day and watched the first three seasons, but never bothered watching the final seasons. I figured it was time to finally put the series to bed, so I've been watching it non-stop lately. On the seventh and final season and nearly done. I feel accomplished, like I've achieved something with my life.

That's all for now guys, I hope I will be able to post a weekly Thoughts post, but I am not going to promise anything because I hate feeling guilty!

Jacquelyn xx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. What is a stingy plant? I won't to know what to stay away from!!!

    Well done on the last assignment :) And don't let the job hunting get you down, you find the perfect one for you I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on completing uni,it's the best feeling ever!! definitely treat yourself with something nice, I treated myself with a 3 weeks holiday after my graduation, it was much needed!

    ReplyDelete