October 2016 Favourites

November 07, 2016

I honestly cannot believe it is November already. What evvvven. If you have been following me on Instagram you would know that October was an AMAZING month for me - I got married to my partner in crime! That being said, I honestly did everything I could for October to not wear any makeup and give my skin some breathing space. If you want to see my little October Favourites post, keep reading!



Elixir, Swerve, Bestie, Midi, Rock N Roll Nude
CiateLondon X Chloe Morello Beauty Haul*
I may have only received this in the second half of the month, but if you've read my review on it here you would know it has become a fantastic addition to my eyeshadow palette collection. The colours are to die for - warm tones are everything to me and this palette smashes them out.

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Wipes In Oil*
I am not a huge fan of makeup wipes usually as I find that they go dry really quickly and just feel like a waste of money. However, these new ones by Garnier feel lovely on the skin! These haven't gone dry on me yet and actually give a touch of moisture to the skin. The addition of oil means makeup comes off even better! I also don't find these irritate my sensitive eyes which is always a bonus!

Colourpop Super Shock Shadow - Elixir
So to be perfectly fair, I have another 5 eyeshadows by Colourpop and I wasn't really blown away. The formula is odd, slightly creamy and wet whilst still applying like a powder but I don't particularly hate it by any means. For some reason, the other shades I own just lack the pigmentation and blendability that Colourpop eyeshadow are usually praised about. This one Elixir is the most gorgeous rusty red shade and the pigmentation and blendability is one to none! 10/10

Colourpop Creme Gel Colour - Swerve
I picked this up as a recommendation from Isabella Fiori and I am impressed. Every single other gel liner I have used (apart from the Inglot one!) always smudge and end up running down half my cheek. This cheapo Colourpop one is amazing! It really lasts all day without smudging and it is as black as my soul!

Colourpop Ultra Glossy Lip - Bestie
I apologise that this is a Colourpop heavy favourites, I received two orders recently so I've been putting them to good use everytime I've applied makeup. This lipgloss is really lightweight and not sticky in the slightest. The colour is a gorgeous warm toned pink shade and is perfect over nudes (which is what I usually wear, so this badboy is getting a workout!).

Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip - Midi
This colour is evvvverything to me! It is a muted cool pink and it is unbelievably flattering on my pale skin. I really like the formula as it lasts all day, but they do tend to get pretty drying. 

Rimmel 15th Anniversary Collection - Rock N Roll Nude
You can read my full review here about this awesome range of lipsticks, but this one in particular is my favourite. A stunning nudey pink and is absolutely perfect on my pale skin. I've been reaching for this quite regularly as my daily go-to nude lipstick colour. The formula of these lipsticks is wonderful too, creamy without being slippery and pigment rich.

So that is all my favourites this month - I know, barely any! Let me know in the comments below what your favourites for the month of October were!

Til next time...


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Great faves lovely! I really like those Garnier wipes as well and I also have ordered the Chloe x Ciate palette! I can't wait to try it out. I find that with the ColourPop shades, the best ones are the metallics! They seem to have really good colour payoff :) I had a bunch of matte ones but they just didn't do them for me so I gave them away.

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good October picks!! I'm liking Chloe X Ciate palette too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been loving Rock n Roll nude too! I am still a little bummed I had to miss out on the Ciate palette because trying to save money. Oh well! Great favs :)

    Emma | Rosy Disposition

    ReplyDelete