The ULTIMATE Wedding Beauty Checklist

November 14, 2016


Getting married is a stressful time. Organising and booking all your vendors for your big day can end up being a massive headache that you often end up forgetting about yourself and getting yourself both physically and mentally ready for one of the biggest days of your life! I've recently gotten hitched and I wanted to share with any of you that are prepping for your wedding day the ULTIMATE checklist on getting ready!

Your wedding will see you up on your feet, running around for at least a good half of the day, and worse still... you will most likely be in some absolutely stunning, but ridiculously impractical high heels! Prepping your feet is crucial for a comfortable and less straining day. For that, I'm opting for these awesome Scholl GelActiv Insoles*! These come in a variety of types, including flats, open heels and even extreme heels to ensure whatever type of wedding you are having (casual, blacktie, religious) you will be sure to have the comfort in your footwear. These insoles are gel and are extremely comfortable - they work fantastic at distributing pressure evenly throughout your foot and ensuring a firm foothold.

Chances are, you might be getting yourself a pedicure before the big day. I like to prep my feet before a big event and I've been loving the Dry Skin Range* by Scholl which includes a moisturiser, night mask and serum. Start with the night mask which works at deeply hydrating your feet, then proceed with the cream and serum for future nights. You won't have ugly, dry, cracked heels again!


Speaking of dry skin, nobody wants scaly skin before such a big event. Opt for a nice exfoliating scrub to pamper yourself with and keep your skin soft and smooth. My pick of the bunch are the Premium Spa Scrubs*, particularly this one (Sugar Body Scrub - Frangipani & Coconut) and the Salt Body Scrub in Lemon Butter. I find these do an amazing job at buffing away all the gross skin on my body and ensuring I have a clean, smooth canvas for my next tip!

Get a tan! Don't go crazy with it though! Now, being perfectly honest, I don't tan on the regular so I'm usually ghostly pale. So for my wedding day, I didn't want to go with something crazy or dark, just something natural that would help to even everything out. This is especially important if you have a strapless or skin-revealing dress. Ask your tanner or do a little research around your area for a spray tanner with light tans or even wedding tans. These look extremely natural and skip the oompa loompa look.

One thing that is an important shot in all your wedding day photos are your tresses. Keep them hydrated and promote growth with some regular hair treatments. Try and start giving your hair some extra attention in the months leading up to your wedding date, rather than just the week before. My favourite is the Oblepikha Siberica Hair Mask for Dry and Normal Hair*. This has been my go-to for the last few months and I find it simply amazing. My hair washes out incredibly smooth and silky and it smells delicious!

CHEESE! I can guarantee one thing for certain... at the end of the day, your jaw will be so sore from all the smiling. You'll want to make sure your teeth are as white as possible for each snap. If you can't afford a professional teeth whitening session at your dentist, opt for an at-home whitening product like this Opalescence Go* kit. I used this a couple days before the wedding and I was ammmmazed at how much whiter my teeth became. Definitely made such a difference in the wedding photos. 

Next up, hair removal. This probably isn't a no-brainer for many of you, but I thought I would give you guys some options on how to remove your hair before the big day.

The first is using an epilator. I've been using the BaByliss DuoFlex Epilator* for the last month or so on my legs as my regular hair removal method. An epilator helps to remove each hair by plucking them out, leaving you with a super smooth and soft canvas. It can be quite painful, but I have found that the more I use it the less it hurts to me.

Next is a hair removal cream method. If you have sensitive skin, I recommend the Veet Hair Removal Cream for Sensitive Skin*. This one can be used all over your body, except for your face and has Aloe Vera and Vitamin E for soft and hydrated skin.

Another method is waxing. This is a painful, especially if you are planning on waxing your entire leg. I would personally recommend getting this done at a salon as it will be quicker and more thorough.

Finally, an oldie but a goodie... a razor for a quick, fuss-free method of hair removal. I love the Schick Intuition Pure Nourishment* razor. This comes with a skin conditioning solid that has coconut milk and almond oil to ensure a smooth and safe shave. This razor is perfect if you are time poor as it lathers whilst you shave!

If you are planning on showing skin on your big day, whether your collarbones, shoulders, legs etc, I recommend you look at something like this Red Carpet Kolour Body Glow* to give your skin some luminosity and glow without being overly sparkly or glittery.

Start prepping your skin months before your wedding to ensure your skin is in its best condition for the day. With Winter just passing before my wedding, my skin was dry, tight and dehydrated. I was religiously using my Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask 2-3 nights per week to deeply hydrate my skin. The more hydrated your skin is the better makeup holds, the better makeup looks and the healthier your skin will feel.

Something that often gets forgotten are scents on the big day. Choose a scent that you love and a scent you want to remember the day by, as they say, a scent can bring memories back to you. My picks are the Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb and the CK One Gold*. Warm, sexy and powerful, these scents were a no-brainer for my wedding day.

You're going to be kissing your groom alllll night, so get them lips prepped. I'm not a huge fan of super rough and course lip scrubs (Lush, I'm looking at you!), so I opted for the more fine and gentle Bite Beauty Whipped Cherry Lip Scrub* to polish my lips before any lipstick. Not only does it buff away the dead skin but it actually helps to hydrate them.

To help with the lip conditioning, I cannot go past my Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask*. This is meant for overnight treatments, but I used this everyday in the lead up to the wedding because I wanted a really thick, hydrating and longwearing lip balm to soften my lips. I love this stuff and 120% recommend this to anyone with dry lips. 


That is it, guys! I've got you covered from head-to-toe on things you might forget before your big day comes. This is honestly how I prepared for my wedding day and how I tried to make myself look as amazing as I possibly could. 

Thank you to all the brands that happily helped me create the post and even reminded me on things I shouldn't forget for my own day!

Now enjoy a couple photos from my big day!




Til next time...


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Congrats lovely!! You look absolutely gorgeous on your big day!! Another big one for me was getting a facial every month for about 6 months before the big day!! It's amazing the difference it can make - but if it is out of the budget, a good home facial once a month would be just as good!! Great post! x

    Mel x || Loads of Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah such beautiful photos! And great tips! Will keep them in mind..should I ever get married haha <3

    Tahana
    www.tahanalee.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post! Congrats on your recent wedding, lovely! Those Scholl inserts are definitely a lifesaver. I always use the little pad that goes under the balls of your feet any time I wear heels. I also need to say again how cute your engagement shoot is and you all looked gorgeous on your wedding day!

    Emma | Rosy Disposition

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos Jac! You looked stunning! Congratulations girl.
    Great tips too :) There is so much to think about on the big day!

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
  5. You looked amazing! Love the hair and the dress!!

    Abby of My Hair Care

    ReplyDelete