Ciate London X Chloe Morello Beauty Haul Palette | Review + Swatches

November 03, 2016

 When I first saw this collaboration coming together, I was soooo excited. A mix of warm tone shades as well as some cool tones thrown into the mix, what wasn't to love?! This is my first dip into Ciate London products and so far - I am in love. Keep reading if you want to hear my full thoughts and see swatches of the Ciate London X Chloe Morello Beauty Haul Palette.


I'm not going to touch on the other items that come in the kit and focus this review solely around the Pretty, Fun and Fearless eyeshadow palette as the other items are actually permanent items in Ciate London's range. 

Firstly, let's start with the packaging. Whilst it is a magnetic cardboard packaging, I do think it feels super sturdy and protective. The palette also houses a decent sized mirror which is fantastic for travelling.


The majority of the shadows in the palette are warm toned, bar a few in the bottom row. To be honest, the top row (matte transition shades, matte crease colour, matte deep crease colour and sparkly gold) is my favourite row out of the palette. The shades are beautiful and are definitely go-to shades for my everyday look. 

They did a lovely job in the shade selection, with the inclusion of 9 matte shades and 6 shimmery shades and a mixture of both warm and cooler purple tones. There is a wonderful range of matte crease type shades with a couple matte super dark shades to add dimension as well as a matte bone shade to highlight with.

In terms of formula, I am blown awaaaay by the matte shades. They are incredibly creamy and remind me very much of the super creamy texture of Lorac shadows. Unfortunately for me, I wasn't super impressed with the sparkly shades. I find that they tend to form a film with use and end up being a it difficult to transfer pigment. I find it super weird, as usually that is a matte shadow problem rather than shimmer shadow issue. I can get around this problem by using my fingers and really pressing the pigment onto my lid. 

Final thoughts on the palette? I do really enjoy it and have been reaching for it everyday. Thank you Mecca for gifting the collection to me!

Are you picking up the Ciate London X Chloe Morello Beauty Haul? It is only $70 from Mecca and includes a pouch, mini mascara, mini liquid lipstick and the 15 shadow eyeshadow palette. 

Til next time...

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Great Review, this palette looks so pretty and I think it was a lovely collaboration.

    Nicole xx | www.nicolesbeautybabble.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one of my top influencer collaborations I think. Such a lovely selection of colours!

      Delete
  2. This palette is so gorgeous - the shade selection is on point, so versatile. I think Chloe did a great job! x

    Daniela | MissNewBeauty.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do to! A great variety to get a whole bunch of different looks. Loving it!

      Delete
  3. I have heard similar things about the sparkly shades in the palette which is a little difficult to swallow as you think that they would have tested these out with a brush and seen the lack of pigmentation, but nevertheless it looks super pretty and I will try applying with my finger like you suggested! Great review.

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete