Product Showdown: Cream Contours

April 21, 2016


We all have probably noticed the craze right now of contouring and highlighting using creams. It can definitely be a more natural approach to regular powder contouring because the cream adds a more subtle touch and a more skin-like appearance. Typical Jacquelyn, I've jumped straight on the bandwagon and I cream contour on the regular now. Keep reading if you want t know what I think about the four I own!





Sephora Highlight Lowlight Face Contour Duo - Medium:
This is a super nifty duo that has a highlight and contour end. For the purpose of this review, I'll only be reviewing and discussing the contour shaded end. The texture of this cream is stunning. It feels so creamy when applied but when you start buffing it into the skin it ends with a beautiful, natural powder type finish. Unfortunately, this shade is a little too warm for my face so I tend to use it more as a cream bronzer than a contour shade. Bummer! If you are after a warmer contour tone you can pick this one up from here for $24.

Boe Professional Contour Cream Stick:
This is the newest contour cream to my collection but it has quick become my favourite! I love everything about this stick! The colour is the most perfect cool-toned brown shade. Not too dark or too light, perfect for my pale skin tone. The product blends out perfectly and create the most natural shadow in my cheekbones. Can we just take a minute to appreciate the scent of this product?! It smells like sweet vanillary goodness! You can read more about the product here or pick it up from Big W for less than $10!

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick - 330 Toffee Caramel:
So technically this is a foundation but I've never tried it as that and have only ever used it as a cream contour. I love this product. It isn't as warm as the Sephora contour stick, but it isn't as cool-toned as the Boe. I find it a good inbetween for my pale skin as a warmer contour shade. This one blends out beautifully and seamlessly on my skin. If you are after an easy to get contour cream you can purchase it from Priceline for at most $15.95.

Face of Australia HD Stick Foundation - Tan:
I am not actually sure if they still stock this because I noticed they only seem to have an Anti-Ageing Stick Foundation now on the Priceline foundaton. This is the thickest in formula to the other three and feels extremely creamy on application. This is still a warm-toned shade but again, not as warm as the Sephora stick. I quite like this one as a cream bronzer as well because it gives me a super natural bronze glow to my cheeks. Like I said I could only find the Anti-Ageing Stick Foundation in Tan for $11.95 , but you could always give it a try to  see how it works for you!

Overall, I think you guys can clearly pick my favourites as the Boe Professional Contour Cream Stick and the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick in 330. They just seem to work so much better on my skintone and provide the most natural of looks to my skin.

What are your favourite cream contour products? I am always looking out for new ones!

Jacquelyn xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments