What I Packed In My Travel Makeup Bag

October 31, 2016

Travel Makeup Bag

Recently, I went away for a girls weekend to Byron Bay and of course, I had to pack my big ol' weekend makeup bag! I thought this would be a great chance to show you what makeup I pack for a weekend getaway. Keep reading if you want to see my essentials!


Travel Makeup Bag

Morphe 35O Eyeshadow Palette
This is such a great neutral palette with gorgeous shades so I couldn't resist packing this for my weekend away. You can read my full review on this eyeshadow palette here.

Paula's Choice Blush It On Contour Palette
With a highlighter, bronzer and four blushes, this palette is my essential for travelling.You can read my full review on this palette here

NYX Matte Finish Spray
Just a mini, but I decided to pack this because it is small and because I need to keep my face on all day erryday!

Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick - Nude Flush
If you read my review on the entire collection here, you probably know this is my favourite shade from the entire collection. A neutral, rosy pink shade.

Poni Cosmetics Mane Stain - Thoroughbred
I featured this in my August favourites because I love it so much! I couldn't not bring this away with me.

Benefit Gimme Brow
I packed this because I thought it would be a great addition for a quick eyebrow look if I don't want to whip out my Poni.

NYX HD Finishing Powder
I mainly packed this mini powder to set my under eyes and help to brighten it up. If I was planning on taking a lot of flash photography, I wouldn't have bothered packing this because you can get a lot of flashback.

Garnier BB Cream
A weekend away isn't complete without my HG Garnier BB Cream for oily skin. This thing is everything, especially for a light makeup day.

L'Oreal True Match 
This foundation is my current favourite choice when I want a lightweight foundation that still packs a lot of coverage.

Maybelline Baby Lips Balm and Blush - Juicy Rose
Another perfect makeup item for an easy face. These things are perfect at adding a little subtle colour with a little hydration and gloss.

Maybelline Hypersharp
Fave liquid liner so including this is a no-brainer.

Benefit Porefessional
A little wee sample of one of my favourite primers. This silicone feeling primers fills in all my pores and makes everything smooth.

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
Another little sample pot I received from Mecca, I decided to pack this and give it a whirl over the weekend. I actually quite like it!

Jexon Mineral Photo Touch Concealer
I decided to pack this because I was getting a lot of breakouts at the time and this concealer is heavy duty and thick!

Maybelline Dream Velvet 
I love this foundation. I love packing squeezey tube products for trips away because they aren't messy or awkward to use.

Maybelline Master Concealer
A new favourite of mine, this concealer was my pick for covering up my undereyes! 

Colourpop Wisp
I actually really like this highlighter and thought that bringing it with me in my travel bag would be a great chance to whip it out and force myself to use it.

Jelly Pong Pong Lip Butter
Okay, I have no idea what this actually is but this is honestly one of my favourite nude lipsticks lately so I couldn't stop myself!

Designer Brands Moisturising Lipstick - Nude Rose
Another nude that I couldn't part with. The formula of this is moisturising and sheer which is great for no-makeup-makeup days!

Too Faced Better Than Sex
Read my review here for all the details on this mascara and why I love it so much, and you'll know why I packed it!

What are your travel makeup essentials? Let me know in the comments below!

Til next time...



You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Such good choices!!! Love that you kept it simple. I tend to go overboard!! <3

    Tahana
    www.tahanalee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually I do! I was proud of myself this time around!

      Delete
  2. I love peeping into people's makeup bags! You did so well! I wish the Morphe palette was more travel-friendly though, I'd get so much more use out of it. I might need to de-pot the shadows! x

    Daniela | MissNewBeauty.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been loving the NYX powder for under my eyes as well! I love the Morphe 35O but like Daniela said it is so heavy and not travel friendly. I want to depot mine as well! That would take so long though! Well done for packing light! I always find it so hard when I go away for a weekend because I want to bring everything.

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! I loved the Hypersharp when it first came out then I replaced it and it was terrible. I think I got a dud batch. It was totally unpigmented and had this weird watery, greenish colour to it. I might have to give it a try again after seeing this though.

    Emma | Rosy Disposition

    ReplyDelete