Review: Paula's Choice Skincare - Blush It On Contour Palette

May 12, 2016


If you've read my recent April Beauty Favourites, you know this was the first thing on my list. Just take a moment to appreciate how beautiful it is! If you want to hear my thoughts and see some swatches, keep reading!



This little palette comes with six different shades; bronzer, highlighter and 4 different blushers. Each pan contains 3g of product. This is in comparison to a MAC blush pan which holds 6g. The packaging of the product is a cardboard, magnetic closing palette with the inclusion of a fantastic sized mirror. The total palette size is smaller than the size of my hand, so it is perfect for travelling because it gives you so many looks.

I have found that with all shades there is fantastic pigmentation and they all feel smooth. There is barely any excess powder that flies up when you use a brush which shows how good the quality is of the powder. A+++


Highlighter:
The highlighter included in the palette is a beautiful champagne pink shade. It doesn't contain any large chunky pieces of glitter, but it offers a lovely soft glow to the face. I love this for everyday use as it really doesn't look obvious or painted on as some others do.

Bronzer:
The swatch above does not do it justice. I find the bronzer to be the perfect bronzer shade. Not too warm it looks orange on my face and not too cool is looks ashy or grey on my cheeks. It is not a completely flat matte shade and it allows the product to look natural on the skin.

Blush 1 (top row, middle):
This blush is a beautiful strong coral shade, with no apparent shimmer. When applied it doesn't go on so intense and can be really used as a subtle, coral cheek colour. I love to use this one as it really brightens up my complexion.

Blush 2 (bottom row, middle):
This colour is a warm toned pink shade that also looks beautiful for everyday use, again with no apparent shimmer. It is very similar to the top colour however slightly more muted and intense.

Blush 3 (top row, right):
This is almost identical to Blush 2, but more cool toned. This shade again does not have any glitter in it, making it super wearable. It is still a beautiful darker dusty rose shade that will be a go-to shade during the colder months.

Blush 4 (bottom row, right):
This is so stunning and would look amazing on someone of more colour than me. A gorgeous plummy purple shade with no shimmer, I can't wait to use this (lightly!) during the colder months. I think it is going to go perfectly with some of my plum and maroon lipsticks.

Overall, I love this palette. I reach for it so regularly because it honestly is such a quick, no hassle method to getting my face done everyday. I also love the beautiful mixture between warm toned blush colours and cool toned blush colours as this would help a lot of people in choosing the most flattering tones for their skin. I also love that they are matte apart from the beautiful illuminator shade in the palette.

Have you tried anything from Paula's Choice Skincare before? I am so impressed with this palette I can't wait to try more of what they have to offer!

Jacquelyn xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments