April Favourites 2016

May 03, 2016


It's that time of the month again... Favourites time! This month I've been putting some new products that have landed on my desk to try and I have been loving the couple I'm showing in this post! If you want to take a look at my favourites from March click here :)




Paula's Choice Skincare - Blush It On Contour Palette:
Now... who doesn't love a fantastic and versatile blush and contour palette. I find these just super easy to grab out of my drawers and it has everything for my cheeks including bronzer, blush and highlight. Easy peasy. I'll have a full review on this palette in the next couple weeks, so keep an eye out for it if you want more information on it! The winner for me in this palette is the bronzer/contour shade. It is a beautiful, smooth matte shade with the perfect undertone to it - not too warm and not cool it looks ashy on my face. All the blush shades are beautiful and are easy to work with, with none of them being too scary or intimidating.

Gilded Cage Revelation Eyeshadow - No.7 Vander Pink:
Firstly I love the colour of this eyeshadow! It is a stunning dusty pink shade which I find so flattering on my skintone. This is a cream eyeshadow, but luckily enough even on my oilier eyelids this doesn't slip and slide too much on its own so it is easy to wear on an everyday basis. Personally, I do like the added security of setting this shadow so I combine it with my gorgeous Naked 3 palette - perfect match! I've been so impressed by the longevity as well as the opacity of this beautiful cream shadow.

Arbonne Smoothed Over Lipstick - Magnolia:
I've always been a bit skeptical of using Arbonne products but I was lucky enough to receive this in the mail just recently. This has quick become a go-to product because it isn't too full on nude it look funny on an everyday basis. It has a sheen and creamy feel that makes it a lot less high maintenance. I am interested in trying out some more of their natural shades.

Rimmel Magnif'eyes - Kissed By A Rose Gold:
Woah, another cream eyeshadow product?!? I won't bore you with this one because I'm sure you already know how awesome these are and if you don't you can read my full review here. Yeah, it's great.

Lycogel Breathable Camouflage - Creme:
When I first tried this I wasn't impressed because of it's thickness. It kinda felt like I was applying a mask or paste to my face. Where this product really shines is in its longevity. It lasts all day on my skin and it looks great AND NOT OILY at the end of the day! So impressed with its amazing full coverage too! Again.. a review will be up soon so I can brag some more!

Rimmel Contour Palette - Coral Glow:
Snaps to Rimmel for constantly bringing out amazing products. Again, I loooooove a quick and easy palette for my face. I love all three products in this trio. The blush is a beautiful subtle peach shade, with no visible glitter chunks, it still looks natural and glowy on my skin. The bronzer isn't a true matte shade but I love that about it. It makes it look natural on my skin leaving me with a summery glow. The highlight isn't an omg shade, following the theme of the other two shades it is a lovely natural highlight perfect for everyday use. I've been picking this up out of my drawer an equal amount as the Paulas Choice palette.

RCMA No Color Powder:
Yep. As you know, I jump on the bandwagon when people start talking about a product. This powder has changggged my life. It doesn't change the colour of my foundation or concealer and it bakes without completely drying up under my eyes. It is sooooo smoothing on my skin making my face look beautiful and flawless, while still being my skin. I have recommended this to everyone that has asked because it is simply fantastic.


Dove Damage Solution Colour Radiance Shampoo:
I don't even know if they sell this particular one anymore - I couldn't spot it in the supermarkets when I went to check. This is definitely, no doubt about it, my favouuuuurite shampoo from the supermarkets or drugstore. This makes my hair so fluffy and soft and beautiful. I am obsessed. I hate washing my hair, but this actually makes me want to wash it... that is how good it is!

Mesoestetic Pure Renewing Mask:
I have a review coming up very soon about this mask, so I won't go into too much detail here about it. Basically, it is a mask and exfoliator in one. This actually makes my skin feel baby butt smooth after I wash it off and I cannot stop feeling my face! In love.

Uni Organics Sleeping Beauty Night Creme:
This brand is all natural and certified organic, so the products are meant to be fantastic for your skin! My partner had a really bad reaction to something on his skin and his cheeks blistered up terribly and were so sore to touch and they looked horrendous. I told him to give this a go and try it out and it worked amazing at repairing his skin without further inflaming the sores. I was so impressed I started using it myself and I love it. It feels great on the skin, soaking in fast without making my skin feel greasy or heavy which is exactly what I love especially on hotter nights! 

So those were my April beauty favourites for 2016! Let me know what some of yours were and whether or not you've tried any of my favourites too in the comments below!
Jacquelyn xx


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. The Paula's Choice palette looks so nice!!! I didn't even know they did makeup. I'd also love to see a full review of the Lycogel Breathable Camouflage. It sounds really good. I bet it would apply well with a beauty blender if it's thick!!! Great favourites! :)

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying to try products from guilded cage products. magnifeyes is my current fav eye shadow/liner stick. some great picks here :)

    lilynotlouise.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOO I didn't know Paula's Choice did make up either! There you go! Looks like an awesome palette! Loving Rimmel releases too! <3

    Tahana
    www.tahanalee.com

    ReplyDelete