Review: New Benefit Porefessional - Matte Rescue

July 12, 2016


I recently received a gorgeous PR package from the lovely Benefit team with a few of their new products, including the new version of their best-seller Porefessional, Matte Rescue

If you would like to know how I find this compares to the original Porefessional, keep reading!
The original primer retails for $53 on Sephora for 22mL. The original primer feels extremely silicone in texture and works at really filling in any pores or fine lines to create an even and smooth base. I honestly really love this primer and finds it works fantastic at keeping my oily skin quite matte throughout the day. 

The new Porefessional release retails for $49 on Sephora for 50mL. Yep, you get over double the product for less money. So odd, I'm not really sure why that would be, but I thought it is definitely something to note when choosing between the two. This new primer comes out as a light blue gel formula. You only need a teeny bit of this as I find this goes a really long way unlike the original formula. I love to apply an even layer onto my face, then fan my face until it is absorbed. 
I don't think this is as pore-filling as the original Porefessional, so if you have super bad pores and fine lines I would opt for the original formula to really fill in and smooth out your skin. 

In terms of how matte it keeps me, I definitely see an improvement in comparison to other primers I've used. This keeps me solidly matte for a good 5/6 hours, however even afterwards my foundation is still sticking to my face. Usually when my face goes oily, my foundation tends to rub off and basically disappear, however with this new Matte Rescue, my face may appear shiny but the products on top of the primer resist the urge to disappear off my face. Definitely impressed with that!

If you guys follow me on Instagram you would have seen that I am using this quite regularly right now and that is because I really love the texture. The gel texture is not as thick and slimy feeling as the original and tends to make my skin feel quite lush and fresh which I love for the Winter time (and will love even more during Summer time!).

Also the smell. I cannot pin-point exactly what it is but it smells so clean and delicious. I adore the smell of this!

Have you tried the new Porefessional Matte Rescue yet? What are your thoughts on it? 


You Might Also Like

0 comments