The Winter Edit 2016

July 28, 2016

Winter Essentials
With winter well and truly here, I wanted to show you my cold weather essentials that I have been loving this month!

If you want to know how I'm coping with the chilly months, keep reading!

Winter Essentials

I received this in the mail a couple weeks ago and have been loving it recently. I pop a couple of drops in the palm of my hands and pat it over my face, and the feeling is so lovely. This adds a little extra hydration to my skin which is great for the cold,windy days we've had. 

This mask is quickly becoming one of my favourites. You apply this as you would a night moisturiser and leave it to work its magic overnight. This is extremely hydrating and I like to lather it on a little thicker over areas where I get extra dry like my nose and cheeks.

Since getting my first peel at Brazilian Beauty I've kinda have a bit of a crush on them now. This peel is quite gentle and leaves me with some incredibly smooth skin with a reduction in texture. Definitely keen to see the results over a longer period of time.

An extremely fine scrub, this is perfect on the nights where I feel like my skin is just needing some extra attention. This can have the tendency to feel a bit too rough if you use too much pressure, so I definitely recommend being light-handed to get the perfect exfoliation.

I've been dying for this cleansing gel for the longest time, I've heard it is amazing. I've been trialling it for the last couple weeks and I am in love with it! As a gel formula, I find this so refreshing on my skin. I use this with my Clarisonic and it foams up really nicely on my face.

Before cleansing, I've been using the Dermalogica Pre Cleanse as a way to begin the double cleanse process. This thin formula becomes a milky consistency and basically dissolves and liquifies any makeup or products on my face. I fell in love with this product at my recent facial at Brazilian Beauty which you can read all about here

Winter Essentials

Jergens has to be one of my all-time favourite bodycare brands, they have incredible moisturisers and I adore their gradual tanner. This moisturiser has been my go-to lately for the last month and is specifically for ultra dry skin - which is how my skin always is in the cold months. Plus point: this massive 400mL bottle is less than $10!

I am a big lover of gradual tans (like I mentioned, I love the Jergens one!) for the winter time. I am not  huge fan of actual self-tans but gradual tans are easy and don't look overly unnatural. This MooGoo gradual tanner is quite rich and after one application left me with warm honey tones on my legs. The one downside I could see from this is the smell - it didn't smell like fake tan until the next day, but it did have a weird, sour milk kind of stench. If you can overlook that, you'll love the results!

I've never been a haircare kind of person, but in the last month I did get my hair done (yep, at a salon... what even) and even got some lighter foils in my hair. As a result, I wanted to put more effort into taking care of my hair. I received this from the L'Oreal event I went to and immediately, I've fallen in love. I use a nut-sized amount and blend it out throught the ends of my hair. It leaves my hair shiny and soft!

I received this in my goodie bag from Bloggers United and I love it! This hair mask smells freaking amazing, like Pasito soft drink. I die. This makes my hair feel incredible afterwards and I love to pop a little of the L'Oreal Oil-In-Cream as a leave-in treatment afterwards.

YES. I'm living in these boots by Emu Australia. The Akala boots are soooo cosy and comfy and have a great sole so I can (although I haven't plucked up the courage yet...) wear these outdoors and out and about. These lace up boots are great for popping on after a shower and wearing around on my hardwood floors without my tootsies getting cold. 

I hope you enjoyed my winter edit featuring some of my current must-have items to help me survive the cold months!

What are your winter essentials?


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I hate the smell of the moo goo tanner as well! I think I am going to give mine away to a friend! I love the special cleansing gel from Dermalogica and the Origins Overnight Mask! So many good Winter picks! :)

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete