Review: Too Faced Better Than Sex

July 21, 2016


Hands up who got sucked into buying the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara? I heard a lot of good and a lot of bad reviews on this mascara, and I was definitely skeptical about picking it up for $34 from Mecca. Do I love it or hate it? Keep reading to find out!

I absolutely adore the packaging. It isn't your traditional plastic mascara packaging, instead the tube is metal and heavy feeling, giving the sense of luxe every time you use it.

The wand itself is shaped in an hourglass shape with relatively stiff bristles. As you can see on the above photo, a lot of excess product gets gathered at the tip of the wand and this makes application slightly messy and awkward even after I have wiped the excess off.

Before
After
The above photo is with one coat of mascara. I have really grown to love this mascara. It is super black and intense and can really give my lashes the look I love. This looks especially great when I do winger liner and sometimes "lose" my lashes with the liner. 

I usually avoid doing multiple layers as I find it can get hella clumpy and spidery hella quick. That isn't really the look I want as my lashes are already quite sparse that it looks terrible when they get clumped together. With the one layer I find my lashes are honestly quite fluttery and flirty looking, the perfect application.

Staying power of this mascara is incredible... on my top lashes. On my top lashes this mascara kicks ass and stays on all day - no flaking, no smudging. However... when applied to my bottom lashes this turns into a hot mess. It smudges and looks terrible! 10/10 don't recommend for lower lashes.

Have you tried the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara before? Do you love it or loathe it?

You Might Also Like

0 comments